Scrapping Sandy

Terri M

I am thinking about the pages I'm going to make about our experience in Hurricane Sandy and afterwards. Part of what I want to include is the newspaper headlines/front pages. So I've been collecting them, with the intention of scanning them (once we get our power back.)

My question is --- has anybody done this? How much can you reduce them and they still look like a newspaper front page? Any tips about the best way to treat them?

There's not much text -- I'm not expecting to be able to read any articles -- just screaming headlines and scary pictures.

I'm a total newbie to digital scrapbooking, so I'm sorry if this is obvious, just would like to get it right!

Oh -- and don't feel I'm ignoring you if I don't respond. Right now I can only occasionally get to places with internet access and electricity at the same time!

- Terri

When I've used current things for a layout I usually take a photo of the page. It is just faster. The last one I included was of the weather forecast for the week that had all time record highs. I have scanned old newspaper articles too. Sometimes the dots in the printing will show in your scan and make a funky pattern. There is a way to fix it, but for me, a photo is way easier.

I've been taking more photos lately than scanning too - it is definitely quicker! Sending my thoughts and prayers to everyone who suffered so from Sandy - the pictures I've been seeing on tv are just devastating and so sad. My heart goes out to all of you.

Archived