Picasa Question

makib1218

After much hemming and hawing I finally installed Picasa and I LOVE it. I have actually completed 3 LO's in 3 days because I could actually find my supplies! Eureka!!!

My question is - when I purchase new supplies and I extract the items to my supplies folder, is there a way to have Picasa find them without having it search the folders every time I launch the program? Is there a manual search for it? I have it automatically searching my ScrapGirls folder each time it launches but it takes so long to run through the search.

Any advice is appreciated

thanks!

Have you gone to edit - add folder and chosen all your digi folders? Also go to tools - options - click on PNG files so then they will also show.

Every time you add new items to your digi folders it will upload them when you open Picasa.

Then you just use the search at the top for looking for certain things.

Also I always choose not to search my photo folders as it will do that automatically if you do not tell it not to.

Hope this helps.

Also be sure to check under "View" the option for "small pictures". That way you'll be sure to see all your teeny tiny brads and buttons and things like that. Also, in addition to what Anne Marie said above, if you go to "Tools > options> File types, you can also select PSD so your PSD files will show up also.

I also do what A-M said and let the program find the new stuff automatically when I open picasa. It's pretty fun watching that little info box and seeing everything zip by.

• 4 months later...

I used to use Photoshop Elements Organizer and was used to creating tags for my family members...then Amy Flanagan talked me into using Picasa, which I love! I use it to organizer photos and digi supplies.

I haven't fully trusted Picasa on the photo recognition yet and so I am tagging these pics. It used to be that when I started to type in a tag, suggested tags would show up (like when you start typing a email address and before you type out the whole thing you can select one of the suggestions it comes up with) Now that is not happening. I don't want to start using a new tag if another one exists,...how do I get this "memory" back in this section of Picasa? I don't use it only for people, I also tag scenery, artwork by the kids, etc

I also do the same as Amy and AM, letting the program find the new stuff automatically when I open picasa. It's doesn't take long for it to load everything.

I used to use Photoshop Elements Organizer and was used to creating tags for my family members...then Amy Flanagan talked me into using Picasa, which I love! I use it to organizer photos and digi supplies.

I haven't fully trusted Picasa on the photo recognition yet and so I am tagging these pics. It used to be that when I started to type in a tag, suggested tags would show up (like when you start typing a email address and before you type out the whole thing you can select one of the suggestions it comes up with) Now that is not happening. I don't want to start using a new tag if another one exists,...how do I get this "memory" back in this section of Picasa? I don't use it only for people, I also tag scenery, artwork by the kids, etc

Hi Amy, it looks like the latest update is a disaster on many levels. I was checking the Picasa forum and saw your question there, too. Someone responded about unchecking automatic updates. Considering the other questions have responses talking about Google releasing another update soon, I wouldn't change your settings. Hopefully they'll get things fixed ASAP!

Archived