Speed Scrap, 9 Pm Et

CRS

It's time for some speed! Join Carla (CRS) and Theresa (teecee) for the Speed Scrap Crop! We'll give you some tasks, spread out over an hour. You'll then have an hour to get it finished and posted in the Gallery! Join us for some speed!

We'll update this thread as we announce the tasks in the chat, so if you can't make the chat or have chatroom problems, you can still play along! After chat is over, you will have 1 hour to finish your layouts and post them in the Digital Scrapbooking Day 2012 Gallery. We will pick a random winner from those posted. The prize??? Oh, a very nice Collection! Please make sure you have Speed Scrap in your title so we can find it easily!

Oh, and here is a hint: There are some brand new challenges never before done in a speed scrap! And there are challenges that can only be done by a digital scrapper! Good Luck!

Happy Digital Scrapbooking Day! We're going to get a layout done in under 2 hours with no glue, messy glitter or scraps of paper to pick up! Some of the tasks are things you can only do in digital! Remember to save your layouts after each step. Let's get started!

Task #1: It's Autumn here in Pennsylvania! What season is it in your neck of the woods? Keep that in mind as you choose a sketch or template. Once you have that picked, alter the sketch or template in some way and add your seasonal photos to it! Save your Layouts!

Task #2: One of my favorite digital techniques is Blending! So, choose two papers or one paper and one ScrapSimple Paper Template and Blend them together to create your background paper. Save your Layouts!

Task #3: Pick another paper and reduce the opacity of it to give a vellum look. Crop the paper to make a spot for your journaling. But no scraps of paper go to waste...yay! Save your Layouts!

Task #4: Journal on your vellum or use word art! This is something I like in digital better than paper or hybrid, because my handwriting isn't as neat as the different fonts you can use! Save your Layouts!

Task #5: How many photos did you choose? That's the number of fasteners you need to include on your layouts. You can use brads, stitching, staples, etc. Then add as many embellishments as you'd like, but one of those must be recolored from it's original color. Can't do that easily in paper scrapping! Save your Layouts!

Task #6: Create a title! Use more than one alpha in the creation of your title. This is more interesting than my boring old hand writing! Add any last minute touches to finish off your layouts and make them your own. Save your Layouts! Upload them to the Digital Scrapbooking Day Gallery within the next hour!

So the plastic style looked a lot better before it resized & saved for posting. LOL but it should look good when I print it. Thanks for the fun challenge, hope I didn't miss anythig. I recolored the stitching to red in the middle, the white border stitching & staples are my 4 fasteners. I dropped the cat cutout & put Aspen there instead. I used one of the texture SS templates blended into the red skull paper but I added a black paper too so it wasn't so busy (and because it was in my template).

zombie crossing

You all amaze me every scrap! The gallery looks amazing!!

Our random winner of a collection is AnnB! Congratulations Ann! Please pick a collection from the boutique and email Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com with your choice.

Thanks for playing!

Archived