2 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria TX

Victoria TX

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

I've been meaning to set up an on-line backup service & ran across an offer on a LifeHacker newsfeed to buy a year of BackBlaze for one computer for a year for $25, half the usual price. The offer is through AppSumo.com. My first experience with that website, but purchased the product through PayPal as an added level of separation and everything downloaded / installed fine & is backing up even as we speak. As I type this, the offer is only valid for another 3 hours.

I'm not aware of SG offering such a service so hope I'm not stepping on any toes. Here's the link I used:
http://www.appsumo.com/backblaze/

If you scroll down, you should see a small box on the left if the offer is still valid. I'm fighting a nasty headache so didn't read the details re: whether external hard drives are included in the single unit offer.

Victoria
Near Dallas, TX

#2 lorac

lorac

She Who Walks In Snow Without Shoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,297 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 06:38 AM

Just checked this out and the offer has expired. I already use BackBlaze and have been using them for over a year already. I used to use Carbonite, but had problems with them. Then I went to Mozy, but they hiked their fees to an outlandish amount and so I dropped them. I'm happy with BackBlaze and the price is right, $5 a month, and they do backup EHD's.

gallery_11036_66_14165.png
BLINKIES_girlfriend.gifSG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gifBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifScrap10-Blinkie.gif

SHARE THE LOVE GOAL Goal for October 2014, 7340 -- 7260 as of 10-18-14

#3 Victoria TX

Victoria TX

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Again, sorry for the short notice. When I read the message, the offer was close to expiration, but thought someone might sneak in on the deal. |;-)

Victoria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users