November 2012 Recipe Swap

April Showers

The holidays are almost here and I'm always looking for new things to serve at my annual party. Let's share our favorite tried and true recipes for appetizers and party foods!

• To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality) recipe card to sgaprilshowers@gmail.com by 9 am Eastern Time Monday, November 26th.
  • It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (AprilShowers_CheeseFondue) as the file name on your recipe.
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe!
  • You will receive a link to download the Recipe cards from all our participants on November 26th. You must send in a card to get the link!

Don't forget to post your cards in the Recipe Swap Crop Gallery

In case some of you wonder why I've been adding recipes for biscuits and topping in an appetizer swap, here's why.

In an old magazine I found a suggestion to have a biscuit and toppings bar at your party. The biscuits, Sweet Potato biscuits, angel biscuits, and Cornbread Biscuits (plus some with herbs mixed in) were diplayed on trays and three tiered dishes. Some of the biscuits were already topped, but some were ready to be topped with a variety of flavored butter, jams, and relish.

I may use some of them at a family gathering, although I have to be careful about over-indulging!

I added mine but I was really late so although I sent to April I asked her to please not go back & send it if she has already send out the files. I recently had a party and someone asked for the recipe so I needed to do this card anyway. My husbands recipe is hand written and part of it is in his head and not on the card - LOL. Hard to share in that condition.

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/138688-italian-beast/

We've got lots of great recipes this month. I have a few other things I need to do before I zip them up and send them out. Watch for them later today.

Received all the recipes. All are great looking and sound very tasty! Thanks to April for doing this, and to all of you--I am glad to have them in my collection.

I printed off enough for a small photo album for my dau in law Marcy (she gives me a lot of recipes) and she was so amazed she bought PSE 11 and wants to learn to scrap. She is a teacher, in AL, and they have some type of program similar to PSE for the children to use.

Archived