Friday Customer Submitted Challenge 11-9

tiza126

Today's challenge comes to us from Dianne (diannecp). Her idea is: "What about a challenge to look back at one of our early layouts and redo it? Use different pictures, different supplies (your stash has probably tripled in size by now!), or new techniques you've learned hanging around Scrap Girls. Link to the original and explain what you did differently."

Thanks for a great challenge idea Dianne! Since your idea was chosen, you have won a prize! Email Angie at hello@scrapgirls.com to claim your prize.

Remember to post your layouts in the General Message Board Challenges Gallery

Here's mine: (Still working on my redo of this old layout from 2008)

Also, don't forget to send in your ideas for the Friday Customer Submitted Challenge. You could win a prize from Scrap Girls if your idea is selected. Send those ideas to Challenges@scrapgirls.com

Tiza, I LOVE your 'stache! It looks uncannily real!

Guess I coulda, shoulda, oughta take myself up on this challenge, eh? :)

Tiza, I LOVE your 'stache! It looks uncannily real!

Guess I coulda, shoulda, oughta take myself up on this challenge, eh? :)

Thanks! I copied part of my hair and blended it into the 'stache ;)

That's the "problem" with submitting a challenge... it might get chosen and then you'll actually have to take it!! :giggle_bear:

Great idea, Dianne. Congratulations!

I'd like to re-do all my old layouts, :lol: , but maybe I'll just do one.

I had lots of old layouts to choose from. It was just a matter of deciding which one I wanted to tackle first.

This was one of my early digital attempts.. On the original I just lowered the opacity of the large photo and used a large eraser with a soft edge to blend it into the paper. I remember working all day on the 3D Summer title - I thought I was so smart because I learned how to do 3D in Photoshop.

The re-do I used blenders and masks, and it turned out a lot better. This is the link to the original: http://scrapgirls.net/forum/uploads/1303790271/gallery_19737_197_771761.jpg

Photographs taken by my daughter Lauren

My re-do

Congratulations Dianne for having your challenge chosen and it is a good one. Now to see which of many layouts from my early days of digi that I should do.

Archived