Text Message Photos

Barb Eugene

My daughter attached photos of my brand new grandson to a text message. I downloaded the photo to my computer but it is fairly pixelated. Does anyone have suggestions on what to do to make the photos usable in a layout? I already resized the photos to 300 dpi.

Hmmmm.....I use photos that my kids text to me all the time and get good results from them - I haven't had one pixelated yet, so I'm not sure how to fix that. But when I get a photo via text I save it to an album in my photos right on my phone and then I email it to myself - it's quick, the pics are great!

Hopefully someone else will come along who can tell you what to do for the pixelation.

And Congratulations on the new Grandbaby! :)

I see that you are from Eugene, Oregon--I am from centralia, WA. Hope you get an answer to your question. I could not use photos that my kids sent on their phone--they were just to pixilated too.

Your best bet for the future would be to ask your kids to see if they can change the settings on their phone. I get the same things from my son and daughter-in-law -- tiny pictures that are dark and too small to see or use. It's hard living so far apart from them. *sigh* If they can set it to make the original larger to begin with, it makes a lot of difference!

When I send pics, it gives me the options at that time of what size i want to send. So yes, Becky has a good idea - they should send you the largest size possible. Maybe see if they could resend you those pics for your layout?

Hi Barb,

Have your children save the photo to their photo folder on their phone. Send the photo in medium or large, any higher takes to long to download or doesn't download at all. Save to your computer. Try increasing jpeg slightly larger, use use your unsharp filter or the high pass filter to clean up the image. Also your levels under the enhance photos really helps to clean up poor quality photos.Remember all pictures are usable. Even use the less clean photos for blending backgrounds. And when they take pictures with their camera , they can send other photos.Congratulations!

Archived