Need Help With Cs6 Cropping

bjc

i am trying to crop a photo to 8 x 10 and the new cs6 cropping seems different..i just cant figure out what to do..hoping someone can take me thru the steps..cropping used to be simple..why did they complicate it?

They totally changed the crop tool with CS6. If you like the old crop tool better, with the crop tool active, simply click on the little gear in the top bar and check "use classic mode."

If you just want to enter your size and resolution, click on the button that says "unconstrained" by default and choose "Size & Resolution" you can enter in your numbers there like you used to be able to in the top bar.

And there is a cool thing about the new crop tool, unless you check "delete cropped pixels" you can go back and edit your crop even after saving and closing it.

Well, that just about sold me on CS6 and I now know what I want for Christmas! Thanks, April!

i am trying to crop a photo to 8 x 10 and the new cs6 cropping seems different..i just cant figure out what to do..hoping someone can take me thru the steps..cropping used to be simple..why did they complicate it?

LOL LOL LOL, your new picture just made my day, Bobbie! Hilarious!

And there is a cool thing about the new crop tool, unless you check "delete cropped pixels" you can go back and edit your crop even after saving and closing it.

Well, that just about sold me on CS6 and I now know what I want for Christmas! Thanks, April!

While that is kind of cool, my favorite new feature in CS6 is auto-recovery...so if it crashes - or the electricity goes out or whatever- it will open up your layout (with recovery in the name) as it was the last time you had it open. I have needed it more than once!

While that is kind of cool, my favorite new feature in CS6 is auto-recovery...so if it crashes - or the electricity goes out or whatever- it will open up your layout (with recovery in the name) as it was the last time you had it open. I have needed it more than once!

Both of these are cool to know. I have question (perhaps I should start a new topic?) I went from CS to CS6 and in CS I thought I remember using the letter "R" when you wanted to use the smudge tool. Now it appears that the smudge tool doesn't have a shortcut key? That made me kind of :-( When I'm retouching photos I liked being able to quickly switch back and forth from the clone tool to the smudge tool.

i would like to learn how to use the new crop tool..but for now maybe i just need to do it the old way..thanks april for telling me how to reset to old way and if any one can explain how new tool works that would be great

on another note i see my pic coming up by my name in the forum with an old photo of me and my dgs and it is all stretched..it should be the stache photo... what do you see?

thanks

i would like to learn how to use the new crop tool..but for now maybe i just need to do it the old way..thanks april for telling me how to reset to old way and if any one can explain how new tool works that would be great

on another note i see my pic coming up by my name in the forum with an old photo of me and my dgs and it is all stretched..it should be the stache photo... what do you see?

thanks

I answered this in another thread: Post #122

Both of these are cool to know. I have question (perhaps I should start a new topic?) I went from CS to CS6 and in CS I thought I remember using the letter "R" when you wanted to use the smudge tool. Now it appears that the smudge tool doesn't have a shortcut key? That made me kind of :-( When I'm retouching photos I liked being able to quickly switch back and forth from the clone tool to the smudge tool.

You can set your own shortcuts. Syndee wrote an article about it in this newsletter.

Archived