Proper Etiquette In The Forum

ladyscrapalot

I would like to know what others do when people leave you love on your layouts. Do you send the pms to thank them, do you post a thank you in the comment section if your layouts? I am very appreciate of the comments that people leave behind and I don't want to be considered rude.

Second question isn't really an etiquette related question but I have had two member add me to their friends list. When I go to reply to them it says I cannot reply. I have been able to reply before when people had me to their lists so I don't know why I can't now.

Thanks for any responses to either of these mysteries. lol ;-)

Hi Kelly

I understand your concerns and concerning your first question, here's what I do. When I first posted layouts, I was so pleasantly surprised that people left comments on them! And, such nice ones, too. And while it would be nice to thank each one personally the best way I've found to do that is to spread the love around. Which means to me - to try to "LSL" aka "Leave Some Love" in ScrapGIrls lingo, on as many layouts as I can. Since I love to check into ScrapGirls often during the day a rule I set for myself is - if I go onto the site, I should leave comments on the 6 most recent layouts which are currently on the MB. Sometimes I will go into "new content" if I have extra time. And I try to always leave love/comments on the challenges I participate in. For instance if I join in the Saturday Color Challenge I try to comment on all the other layouts in that challenge.

I don't think you'd ever be considered rude as ScrapGirls are such a kind bunch! But, like you I so appreciate comments left on my pages, so I like to spread that good feeling around. This is the best way I've found to do it. Occasionally someone will leave me an exceptionally relevant or special comment on a page and I will PM or leave them a message on their profile page. It's a great way to get to know each other better!

As for your second question, I don't think you can reply to that kind of message, but there should be a part of the message that says "manage friends here" or something to that effect. If you click on that link it will bring you to your friends section and have a spot where you can approve those requests. I will send you a friend request after posting this answer and see if what I just said works. It should have mine and all of the people who have asked to be your friend there. So, just "approve" each one and you should be good to go. :)

I hope this makes sense and helps. Let me know and I"m sure others will be around to answer too! Good luck.

There are many settings on the profile pages. Some people don't accept any messages or comments on their profile. Some people, you can leave a message on their profile page, but can't send a PM. Sometimes their mailbox is full - you'll get a message to that effect. It is kind to let them know. I know it all confuses me.

Re the love leaving, I leave some love on the gallery of anyone who leaves me a message on a photo. If they don't have anything recent on their gallery, I may leave a message on their profile. Like Carla, I make sure to leave love on all the other layouts in any special challenge or chat I participate in. I also try to leave some love on the layouts on the forum page when I check in.

Not a good idea to reply to a comment on your actual layouts - there is a good chance the person won't return to your layout. If you want to respond, leave the message on their profile (and be sure to mention what layout your are talking about - some of the ladies leave many messages a day).

Hope this helps.

Hi Kelly

I understand your concerns and concerning your first question, here's what I do. When I first posted layouts, I was so pleasantly surprised that people left comments on them! And, such nice ones, too. And while it would be nice to thank each one personally the best way I've found to do that is to spread the love around. Which means to me - to try to "LSL" aka "Leave Some Love" in ScrapGIrls lingo, on as many layouts as I can. Since I love to check into ScrapGirls often during the day a rule I set for myself is - if I go onto the site, I should leave comments on the 6 most recent layouts which are currently on the MB. Sometimes I will go into "new content" if I have extra time. And I try to always leave love/comments on the challenges I participate in. For instance if I join in the Saturday Color Challenge I try to comment on all the other layouts in that challenge.

I don't think you'd ever be considered rude as ScrapGirls are such a kind bunch! But, like you I so appreciate comments left on my pages, so I like to spread that good feeling around. This is the best way I've found to do it. Occasionally someone will leave me an exceptionally relevant or special comment on a page and I will PM or leave them a message on their profile page. It's a great way to get to know each other better!

As for your second question, I don't think you can reply to that kind of message, but there should be a part of the message that says "manage friends here" or something to that effect. If you click on that link it will bring you to your friends section and have a spot where you can approve those requests. I will send you a friend request after posting this answer and see if what I just said works. It should have mine and all of the people who have asked to be your friend there. So, just "approve" each one and you should be good to go. :)

I hope this makes sense and helps. Let me know and I"m sure others will be around to answer too! Good luck.

Marilyn, you said it beautifully! I totally agree!

Hi Kelly

Great advice Marilyn and very well stated.

Great advice Marilyn and very well stated.

Hi Kelly

:dito: with an extra T

The way the board sends a PM when someone adds you as a friend is just a little board quirk. Just think of it as a notification. :)

Does the board really always send a pm when someone adds a new friend, April? I don't think I've ever had that happen when someone added me as a friend. I just usually see it on the mb that one has been added. Well, I learn something new every day!

Hi Kelly

You have such a gracious way of explaining, and I totally agree. I used to LSL on all layouts, but can't get them all these days. I do some each time I log on, as you do. Thanks Marilyn!

Kelly,

Thank you for asking the questions, they are two things I've wondered about so I've been very interested to read the responses. I have an extension question... what is the point of making friends? Is it just so can find people easily or are there some other benefits that I haven't discovered yet?

Kelly,

Thank you for asking the questions, they are two things I've wondered about so I've been very interested to read the responses. I have an extension question... what is the point of making friends? Is it just so can find people easily or are there some other benefits that I haven't discovered yet?

oooo good follow up question! I'll be watching.........

Archived