Spent The Day Organizing In Iphoto

JeannieH

It was a quiet afternoon at this house, so it became an organizational afternoon. I have decided that since I have iPhoto, and use iPhoto it was the way to go. So I am determined to make it work. my first efforts have been successful and I like what I am doing. When it is workable I will share....promise! But be forewarned: Better to start than delve half-way in!

Good for you, Jeanne! I agree - better to do it when you start rather than in the midst of it all. Only part of my IPhoto is organized and I love that part, but searching for pics in the part that isn't......groan!

I stuck it out and have all SG things done. Starting on the other folders that I use. Have discovered a few hiccoughs and a couple things not great...but so much better than before!

Hint 1. Turn OFF the cloud! (Tonight I'm cleaning up the photos on my iPhone and iPad! :disappearing-smilie:

I am using iPhoto. When I bring the images in I tag all with the name of the collection and anything that could apply to the whole collection. Then I go through the groups (paper, smb, alpha, templates, layouts, etc) and individually tag them. The hard ones are the masks; they do not show up! I am thinking that I may need to create my own thumbnail for each. Will try and let you know. I can actually import into PSE 10 directly from i Photo, but only in 4's. I am liking it -- other than the masks -- so far.

How did you link Iphoto to PhotoshopElem. 10...that's what I have too. I have seen Elements 11 for 1/2 price during some sales and trying to decide if I want to upgrade. Any thoughts? If you figure out the problem with the masks showing up let me know! I am going to try using iPhoto and see how it goes to organize. thanks!

How did you link Iphoto to PhotoshopElem. 10...that's what I have too. I have seen Elements 11 for 1/2 price during some sales and trying to decide if I want to upgrade. Any thoughts? If you figure out the problem with the masks showing up let me know! I am going to try using iPhoto and see how it goes to organize. thanks!

In iPhoto, select preferences. Click on advanced. You should see "edit photos". Arrow down to PSE 10. The black background is because the png, masks, etc are actually transparent backgrounds. My work around at this moment is to add a white back ground to the mask (saving in psd.) Now I have no problem visualizing in iPhoto and it is easy to remove the white background.

I especially like like using iPhoto because it works equally well in my iScrapbook app. It will also cloud transfer anything that I want to my iPad for use on my pad apps. I hope this helps!

Oh that's helpful - thanks! I haven't used the cloud yet as I don't have an iphone or iPad...yet! Have my eye on them for the future though as I get the iMac figured out. I ordered Lightroom 4 to play with because I'd like to play with it's organizational applications too. Thanks for all the info here -I will start to play with it and keep my eye on this forum for any more hints you have! Best of scrapping!

• 4 weeks later...

Am still using iPhoto for organization. Although I redid everything! I now have all sets organized as an event, names "SG(name of collection). THis keeps all SG collections together. then went through and added key words such as "SGClub", "embellishment", "paper", etc. Makes searching so fast!

Archived