Mac Laptops

jenrou

I am ready to make a decision on a new laptop. Thinking of getting a Mac laptop of some kind. Will I be able to use the loaded EHDs (PC) full of scrap supplies without doing anything to them?

Thanks for any suggestions about what to get. I want "fast and furious!"):lol:/>

I have but I do not use the software that comes with them. I just copy/paste or move. New ones I reformat. I did have an EHD crash (but not with my macBook) and it was because of the software that came loaded on it. You might check the website or customer service for the particular ones you have. Mine were all Western Digital.

Jean, if I could afford it right now, I'd get this:

MAC BOOK PRO with:

15-inch: 2.6GHz

with Retina display

2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7

Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz

8GB 1600MHz memory

512GB flash storage1

Intel HD Graphics 4000

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Built-in battery (7 hours)2

and yes, you can run your EHD from it!

Happy Shopping and Happy new Mac!

I think I spoke too soon, Jean - I've always had a Mac so my EHD have been formatted FOR my Mac - I'm not sure about one that you've used with a PC - Sandi is right about that.

I don't use the EHD software, but just copy/paste my Sg supplies to it. That looks like what I'd go for in a Mac.

I watched my son set up his new Sony Viao-fast, this Thanksgiving, and for what he uses it for reports, business stuff, it's a good one. but I wasn't impressed for my own use. Win 8 looks really confusing.

I moved from a PC to a MAC last August. Love it and will not go back! My EHD asked if I wanted to load it in Windows or MAC and I simply clicked on MAC. EVERYTHING else that I had on my HP migrated to my MAC in a few easy steps. Easy-peasy.

Archived