• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PBarnes

PBarnes

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,301 posts
  • Personal Statement:Digitally Addicted!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

I'm working in PSE 10. I do a little freelancing now and again and I just accepted a job from a repeat client. He sent me .psd files I could work from but the layers have been put into a SET and I don't seem to be able to do anything with that. I believe this is something that is done in CS but not in PSE. Am I up a creek without a paddle with these files as they are? I'm in a really tight time crunch since I need to get this done by tomorrow night - Sunday (just got the .psd's tonight.) Also, in the layers panel over on the right of the layer that has the set, there is a pencil icon with a line through it which says "uneditable adjustment." Does that make it doubly unuseable?

I can probably recreate the file but it sure would save me a lot of work if I had access to the layers! Particularly because I need to find out what fonts were used.

#2 Nica

Nica

• Creative Team
  • 4,446 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Hi Pat, I think you might be out of luck. I found this thread talking about PSE and sets.

gallery_18472_66_29544.jpg              gallery_18472_197_9655.jpg           Happy-Holidays-SG-2012.gif

SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#3 teecee

teecee

• TOU Administrator
  • 20,299 posts
  • Personal Statement:Miracles happen to those who believe in them.

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hi Pat, I don't know if it will be any help, but here is another thread that I think deals with the same issue: Ss Emb Template Rafia Fun Question

#4 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,434 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Pat, if you can send me the file, I can ungroup the layers for you and send it back. Is it too big for drop box?

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#5 tiza126

tiza126

SG Shopaholic

• Welcoming Committee
  • 16,995 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

April to the rescue!!

gallery_14425_66_82034.png

Button_Welcome.png~ SGblinkie.gif ~ BLINKIES_Huckleberry.gif ~ BLINKIES_BoutiqueBabe.gif ~ SG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#6 PBarnes

PBarnes

• Members
  • 22,301 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'm sure it should go in Dropbox. I use Dropbox but don't know how to send it to someone. Thanks so much, April. I was figuring that this was what I was going to have to do.

#7 Cheri T

Cheri T

Scrap Woman

• Design Team
  • 12,259 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I was going to say exactly what April said, lol - if she isn't available when you need it done, email me:) If you put it in your public Drop box folder, then right click on it, and choose "public link" then pmail that to April, she should be able to download it. Jeff got me my Drop box folder, so I am not the one who set it up, but if you go to their site and search for public folder, it will tell you how to do it if you don't already have a public folder.

gallery_7171_66_111936.png
Button_Designer.pngButton_Published.pngSGblinkie.gifSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#8 tinkerbell11

tinkerbell11

Collector of shoes, wearer of FLIP FLOPS

• Creative Team
  • 12,438 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hope you figure it out! How annoying when you can't fix something.

gallery_10753_358_55511.png
Button_Welcome.pngSG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Published.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gif

#9 PBarnes

PBarnes

• Members
  • 22,301 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

April was johnny-on-the-spot and got them "un-set" for me. Unfortunately, the text had been simplified so I had to guess at the fonts. Guess I guessed well enough because the client accepted the first draft I sent him. Hopefully he's going to have several more of these for me to do and now that I have a template set up, they should be easy.

#10 misseswojo

misseswojo

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Personal Statement:Curiosity killed the cat; Satisfaction brought him back.

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

Pat, if you can send me the file, I can ungroup the layers for you and send it back. Is it too big for drop box?

April,

Theresa mentioned another thread above (SS Emb Template Rafia Fun Question) that we have the same problem with. I wondered if you would be able to help us out and do this for the product mentioned? It's an issue for all PSE users and we would all be very greatful.

Thanks,
Patty
Posted Image I scrap with PSE11
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • 42,434 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:53 AM

April,

Theresa mentioned another thread above (SS Emb Template Rafia Fun Question) that we have the same problem with. I wondered if you would be able to help us out and do this for the product mentioned? It's an issue for all PSE users and we would all be very greatful.

Thanks,
Patty

For a product, that would be more in Angie's domain. I think that particular product has been discontinued. I'll see if there is something we can do.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#12 misseswojo

misseswojo

Hot Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts
  • Personal Statement:Curiosity killed the cat; Satisfaction brought him back.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

April,

Thanks,
Patty

For a product, that would be more in Angie's domain. I think that particular product has been discontinued. I'll see if there is something we can do.

April,

I had sent an email to Angie a while a go and she did reply back to me. I will copy a part of the above thread that contains her reply. I just thought that maybe there was something you might be able to do for us. I have the files but they are all unzipped. I deleted the original zipped file. I just started keeping all my zipped files but couldn't before because of space issues. But I think there is a way I can zip them again and send the file to you if needed. I appreciate any help you can provide. If you look at the other thread, Brandy did explain how to work around this issue but it's a little confusing to me because with this particular product, the files were not named to be able to easily follow in a particular order.

Thanks again,

(I haven't used this product yet but I do have it. I seen this post and have posted to find out what Angie said and waited to hear something back but didn't get a reply so I sent an email to Angie myself.
She replied back letting me know that no one contacted her regarding this issue so she was unaware.
She said the issue is that it's a retired item and the designer is no longer with us, so the item isn't in our store to be re-downloaded.
She suggested the following:
If you are using PSE and can't use the groups, you'll have to take the png files and create your own psd. The easiest way to do it is open up all the png's for one of the files. Then hold down the shift and drag each png file so they are all layered together on one, then save as a psd file.

I was going to reply to Angie with the following questions but figured I'd just ask them here.

So, some of the embellishments may only have like 3 png files and while others have more. I think there are 8 individual embellishments files, each with their own psd file and png files. Do I need to open PSE, open one of the 8 embellishments folders, and just copy the png files over to PSE? Will they automatically create the full embellishment that I just save as a psd? Do I need to open a new 12x12 document before I move the png files over? Once I save the new psd file; just replace the original one with the new one I created? I would just need to do this exactly the same for each 8 embellishment files?)
Posted Image I scrap with PSE11
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users