Dreamy Magic 6301

Barb Eugene

Hello!

I purchased Elements 11 a few days ago and am still familiarizing myself with the program. I also purchased SNU_SSActions_DreamyMagic6301. It contained a pattern file, an .atn file and another large file. How do I load/install this in Elements 11? The instructions that came with it are for Elements 9 and 10.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Barb, I don't have that particular action, but I have added other actions which include pat and atn files. I'm not sure what the other large file is that you are referring to. Could you tell us the name of the file or what the extension is?

In PSE 11 on Windows 7 copy/paste the PAT files to:

(C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Patterns

For the ATN files, you would just open the Actions Panel and in the flyout menu click Load Actions, navigate to the ATN file you want to load, select it and click Load. Hope this helps some.

OK, I'm tearing my hair out on this one.

I copied the PAT files as you suggested. I also copied the .atn files as you suggested. One file was called Action Player. I can't run the action. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Again, I just purchased Elements 11. I was a dedicated Paint Shop Pro person. I can load and use Styles without any difficulty. I'm just stuck on this Action issue.

You say you copied the PAT file(s) - did you paste it/them to (C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Patterns ?

For the ATN file(s) you should not have copied/pasted to anyplace. You only open the Actions panel in PSE 11, and in the flyout menu click Load Actions, navigate to the ATN file you want to load, select it and click Load.

Some of the problem here is I don't own that particular product, so I'm not sure what you should do with the Action Player file. I'm hoping someone else who has used that particular product in PSE 11 will come along with some more help for you. You may want to PM the designer - Syndee Nuckles to see if she has any suggestions for you.

Hi Barb, I don't have that particular action, but I have added other actions which include pat and atn files. I'm not sure what the other large file is that you are referring to. Could you tell us the name of the file or what the extension is?

For the ATN files, you would just open the Actions Panel and in the flyout menu click Load Actions, navigate to the ATN file you want to load, select it and click Load. Hope this helps some.

Theresa,

How do you go about installing/loading Styles (ASL), Shapes (CSH), and Brushes (ABR)? I'm not familiar with the copy/paste file method to the correct folder locations because I had always used AOM. I use Windows Vista but I don't think that should make a difference in the folder name locations. Also can you highlight more than one file at a time with the same file extension and Load them all at one time or copy/paste them all at once?

Thanks,

Patty

Theresa,

How do you go about installing/loading Styles (ASL), Shapes (CSH), and Brushes (ABR)? I'm not familiar with the copy/paste file method to the correct folder locations because I had always used AOM. I use Windows Vista but I don't think that should make a difference in the folder name locations. Also can you highlight more than one file at a time with the same file extension and Load them all at one time or copy/paste them all at once?

Thanks,

Patty

Hi Patty. I'll try to help you with this as much as I can -

To load styles (.asl) files: Open PSE 11 and and be sure you are in Expert Mode. Look at the top of the screen to the far right and under Create, you should see Effects, Graphics and Favorites Tabs. Click on the Effects tab and you'll see tabs for Filters, Styles and Effects. Click on the Styles tab. Look just above the Effects tab, to the right of Favorites and you'll see a tiny down arrow with some lines next to it. Click on the down arrow and it will bring up a menu where you will have the option to Load Styles. Click on that, then navigate to where you have your Scrap Girls Styles saved on your computer. Select the asl file of the style you want to load and click the Load button. The style will load into the the program. After that, just click the styles tab and your styles palette will open and you just click the style you want to apply. To apply the style, either double click on it, or right click and select apply to document. Note: You can only load one .asl file at a time.

To install shapes (.csh) files: With PSE 11 closed, Go to where you have your .csh files on your computer, right click on the .csh file you want to install, and choose Copy

(If you want to install more than one at a time, hover over each icon, click in the little box at the top left of the icon to highlight/select it, then repeat for the other one(s) you want to install. Don't click anyplace else or you will de-select the one(s) you have already highlighted. With the ones you have chosen to install highlighted, right click on one of them and choose Copy.)

Next, go to (C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Custom Shapes. Right click in the window and choose Paste. Now when you open PSE 11, the files should be there and ready to use.

To install brushes (.abr) files: With PSE 11 closed, Go to where you have your .abr files on your computer, right click on the .abr file you want to install, and choose Copy

(If you want to install more than one at a time, hover over each icon, click in the little box at the top left of the icon to highlight/select it, then repeat for the other one(s) you want to install. Don't click anyplace else or you will de-select the one(s) you have already highlighted. With the ones you have chosen to install highlighted, right click on one of them and choose Copy.)

Next, go to (C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Brushes. Right click in the window and choose Paste. Now when you open PSE 11, the files should be there and ready to use.

One other thing you may want to remember is you can also Load a brush if you only want to use it temporarily. If you load a brush, it will only stay in the brushes palette temporarily. If you install a brush into the presets folder it will stay in the brushes palette.

To load a brush, click on the brush preset picker and click on the little icon at the top right (a tiny down arrow next to 4 tiny lines) to open a flyout menu. Choose Load Brushes. Navigate to the .abr file you want, select it and click Load

I normally only install the the ones I know I'm going to use quite often and I also install dynamic brushes. I usually just load other brushes as I need them or sometimes even use the png files.

HTH! :)

Yes, I loaded the .atn files as you suggested. I don't know where to go from there. I also sent Syndee a message.

I'm not sure if this will help, but I'm thinking if the Action Player you mentioned is an .atn file, you may also want to load it into the Actions Panel the same as the other .atn file.

I'm still struggling with this action. I loaded the atn files and copied the PAT file. I don't know what to do with the png files that came with the action. Also, when I try to run the action, no matter which effect in the set I try to run, it defaults to Faded Ink.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong????

I also purchased Brandy Murry's Ultimate Artist. With that set, there is a file called PSE 9-10. Within that file are atn, png and metadata files. Also included is a pattern file. How in the world and where do I install these files???? How does it work when I finish installing????

I'm still struggling with this action. I loaded the atn files and copied the PAT file. I don't know what to do with the png files that came with the action. Also, when I try to run the action, no matter which effect in the set I try to run, it defaults to Faded Ink.

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong????

Hi Barb, you don't do anything at all with the png files. I'm not sure why the action isn't working properly if you've loaded the atn files and copied the pat file correctly. It's possible the action isn't compatible with PSE 11, but I'm not sure. I'm hoping Syndee may have a suggestion for you...

I also purchased Brandy Murry's Ultimate Artist. With that set, there is a file called PSE 9-10. Within that file are atn, png and metadata files. Also included is a pattern file. How in the world and where do I install these files???? How does it work when I finish installing????

I know Brandy's Ultimate Artist action works in PSE 11. I do have the product and I've tested it in PSE 11 and it works fine for me.

You want to use the PSE 9-10 file (It's labeled that way for two reasons - to distinguish it from the PS files and also because at the time Brandy created it, it would only work in PSE versions 9 and 10 because PSE 11 hadn't yet been released.)

1. You want to copy the pattern file and paste it to: (C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Patterns

2. You want to load the atn files by opening the Actions Panel and in the flyout menu click Load Actions, navigate to the atn file you want to load, select it and click Load. You will need to do this for each of the atn files (there are 3)

3. You don't do anything with the png and metadata files.

After you've copied the pattern file and loaded the atn files, open a photo and run the action from the actions panel. There will be three files: Color, B&W, and Sepia. Click on the arrow next to the folder of the one you want and the list will expand. Click on the first word in the expanded list (either color, black and white, or sepia) then click the Play button at the top of the actions panel.

You'll want to read the PDF instructions that you received with the product for further information. There is also a video tutorial that you received which may be helpful to you. It's labeled BMU_ActionPack_UltArtist_Tutorials HTH

Theresa,

Thanks,

Patty

Hi Patty. I'll try to help you with this as much as I can -

To load styles (.asl) files: Open PSE 11 and and be sure you are in Expert Mode. Look at the top of the screen to the far right and under Create, you should see Effects, Graphics and Favorites Tabs. Click on the Effects tab and you'll see tabs for Filters, Styles and Effects. Click on the Styles tab. Look just above the Effects tab, to the right of Favorites and you'll see a tiny down arrow with some lines next to it. Click on the down arrow and it will bring up a menu where you will have the option to Load Styles. Click on that, then navigate to where you have your Scrap Girls Styles saved on your computer. Select the asl file of the style you want to load and click the Load button. The style will load into the the program. After that, just click the styles tab and your styles palette will open and you just click the style you want to apply. To apply the style, either double click on it, or right click and select apply to document. Note: You can only load one .asl file at a time.

To install shapes (.csh) files: With PSE 11 closed, Go to where you have your .csh files on your computer, right click on the .csh file you want to install, and choose Copy

Next, go to (C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Custom Shapes. Right click in the window and choose Paste. Now when you open PSE 11, the files should be there and ready to use.

To install brushes (.abr) files: With PSE 11 closed, Go to where you have your .abr files on your computer, right click on the .abr file you want to install, and choose Copy

Next, go to (C:)>Program Files(x86)>Adobe>Photoshop Elements 11>Presets>Brushes. Right click in the window and choose Paste. Now when you open PSE 11, the files should be there and ready to use.

One other thing you may want to remember is you can also Load a brush if you only want to use it temporarily. If you load a brush, it will only stay in the brushes palette temporarily. If you install a brush into the presets folder it will stay in the brushes palette.

To load a brush, click on the brush preset picker and click on the little icon at the top right (a tiny down arrow next to 4 tiny lines) to open a flyout menu. Choose Load Brushes. Navigate to the .abr file you want, select it and click Load

I normally only install the the ones I know I'm going to use quite often and I also install dynamic brushes. I usually just load other brushes as I need them or sometimes even use the png files.

HTH! :)/>

Theresa,

Thank you so very much for all this wonderful information. You are such a huge help; don't know what we'd do without you. :bighug::2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Theresa,

Thank you so very much for all this wonderful information. You are such a huge help; don't know what we'd do without you. :bighug:/>/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/>/>

Hi Patty, glad I'm able to help! ;)

Theresa,

Thank you so very much for all this wonderful information. You are such a huge help; don't know what we'd do without you. :bighug:/>/>/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/>/>/>

Hi Patty, glad I'm able to help! ;)/>

Theresa,

Can you load more than one action at a time?

Thanks,

Theresa,

Thank you so very much for all this wonderful information. You are such a huge help; don't know what we'd do without you. :bighug:/>/>/>/>/>/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>/>/>/>/>/>

Hi Patty, glad I'm able to help! ;)/>/>/>

Theresa,

Can you load more than one action at a time?

Thanks,

Hi Patty, nope, as far as I know, in PSE 11 you can only load one atn file at a time.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for asking all these questions Patty and for the answers Theresa. I'm busy installing my PSE11 now. Will be asking some of my own questions soon.

Can I still use ADD-O-Matic??

Thanks for asking all these questions Patty and for the answers Theresa. I'm busy installing my PSE11 now. Will be asking some of my own questions soon.

Can I still use ADD-O-Matic??

Hi Belle, I have not needed to use Add-O-Matic with PSE 11. I believe if you do want to use Add-O-Matic you may have to purchase the newest version which supports PSE 11. One of the things that is very different in PSE 11 from other versions is that you don't have to install styles, you only load them, which by the way, is much easier than installing them as in previous versions. There will be no need to delete MediaDatabase.db3 or ThumbDatabase.db3 files or rebuild the database. In addition to loading styles as opposed to installing, in PSE 11 you will also be able to load actions rather than installing them. HTH

Archived