Pse 11 Installation Question

ScrapGram

The instructions I got with PSE 11 say to disable your virus protection prior to installing PSE 11 because this will allow it to install more quickly. I don't remember having to do that when I installed PSE 10. Is it really necessary?

I am always in awe of Theresa! I don't think there is a single question she can't answer - Theresa ROCKS! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/> :2468who-do-we-appreciate:/>

I second that :dito:

Since many viruses come hidden in .exe files and try writing to the registry, the antivirus programs will often block ANY program from installing, including reputable ones. To ensure a smooth and complete installation from a trusted software/program, they recommend temporarily disabling the antivirus software. That way PSE11 (or whatever program) can add files to the registry and program files section of your hard drive without being blocked.

Here's an explanation I found online: Why disable antivirus during installation?

I knew it's better to like Tiza pointed out, (thanks for the link) but I didn't want to take the time and mine installed just fine. But I think it depends on your anti virus program, some can be a lot more picky. I have Kasperskys.

Since many viruses come hidden in .exe files and try writing to the registry, the antivirus programs will often block ANY program from installing, including reputable ones. To ensure a smooth and complete installation from a trusted software/program, they recommend temporarily disabling the antivirus software. That way PSE11 (or whatever program) can add files to the registry and program files section of your hard drive without being blocked.

Here's an explanation I found online: Why disable antivirus during installation?

I knew it's better to like Tiza pointed out, (thanks for the link) but I didn't want to take the time and mine installed just fine. But I think it depends on your anti virus program, some can be a lot more picky. I have Kasperskys.

Great explanation Tiza and thanks for the link. Like Patsy, I didn't want to take the time to mess around with it - since I never had any problems in the past I just decided to chance it. ;)

Archived