5 replies to this topic

#1 LauraT

LauraT

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:40 AM

How do people clean their scanners? No matter how much I spray and rub, there are still smudges, streaks, and worst of all, DUST all over! Then I have to edit it all out of my pictures. I have used Windex, Windex wipes, Lintfree cloths. Help!
:banghead:

Laura

#2 DDecker

DDecker

Live, Laugh, Love, Eat Chocolate!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts
  • Personal Statement:I am a mom, wife, sister, friend and daughter not necessarily in that order.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:07 PM

Laura, I use a special microfiber cloth that is designed for taking finger prints off photos. The brand name is Spontex and I found it in the scrapbook section of my local Michaels.

HTH
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference. reinhold niebuhr

#3 Wxchic

Wxchic

Fit and Fabulous!

• Members
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:09 PM

Also, the eyeglass cloths that you get at the eyeglasses stores works great.

Theresa

"Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

#4 LauraT

LauraT

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:29 PM

Thank you, Theresa and Dee!
:dancingcow:

#5 momentousangel

momentousangel

Hope You Have A Happy Scrappy Day!

• Members
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:34 PM

For those of us who scan photo's know that often we leave our finger prints behind which can make for some bad scans or have children that touch the monitor (we know not to don't we, yeah right! heheteehe) there is some great instructions for cleaning these as well as all the other things we often forget to clean up, e.g. our computer cases (those get quite dusty), keyboards, mouses, monitors, etc. at Computer Hope. Also, there are things you can cover your monitors and keyboards with that will help minimize dust when they aren't in use. These are very handy to have. ;) Hope this helps! :)

P.S.
Never poor any liquid or cleanng solution directly onto any of these things, always put what you are cleaning with onto a soft cloth instead. I always use lens cloths which I get pretty cheap. :)
Posted Image

To have a friend is to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold and an extra pair of legs when yours are too weak to stand alone...

I have been living buried in books and writing classes... as an added note I must say that it is rather scary when you start dreaming and all you can see within your dreams is words floating everywhere!

Posted Image
Valerie Lynn Harrell is the published author of a book of poetry, titled "A Little Girl Lost... Was Found Through Her Writing"

#6 ruralscrapper

ruralscrapper

Too Much Chattin, Not Enough Scrappin!

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 10:06 AM

TFS I have booked marked "computer hope". It looks like they have lots of great cleaning solutions.
My Gallery

Paths clear before those who know where they're going and are determined to get there. -- Leonard Roy Frank
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users