Combining 2 12X12 Templates

jenalyss

Hi, I am relitively new to digital scrapbooking. I was wondering if it is possible to combine 2 12x12 templates into one 12x24 file or if it is just easier to scrap them seperately or start with a different 12x24 template. I have Elements 9 and 11(although I haven't installed the new one yet!) I have a couple layouts to do that I think would be easier to approach as a 2 page spread rather than individually. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It's always best to do a 24 x 12 if you want to do a double page - it makes it flow easier, and also you can see if they match, also doing the background together is better. When I create them I complete and then crop the left side to 12 x 12 save it and then the right side. (keep an original of the 24x12 page when saving it is 2.)

Andrea-rose

You can pretty much do whatever you want in digital! :)/>

There are some ready-made double page templates in the boutique:

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Around N Around

Scrapsimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Spread Out Mini

ScrapSimple Digital Layout Album Templates: 12x12 Absolutely Blended

But you can always mix and max and drag whatever templates you like into a 12"x24" space to create a custom 2-page spread.

Thanks, that's what I figured. Do you know if it's even possible to combine two 12x12 templates to make one 24x12?

Hi, Jenalyss! Welcome to Scrap Girls. I do double layouts all the time, so here's what you do:

Open the first template and the second template separately.

On the template that you want on the LEFT side, enlarge the CANVAS SIZE from 12x12 to 12x24, with the "extra" all on the right hand-side. In Photoshop CS4, the command is Image, Canvas Size. Then click the middle left arrow on the "tictactoe" arrangement to indicate resize FROM the middle left. Click the very top layer; this will make sure the next template layers come in without being sandwiched between some of the first template.

Click to the Right-side template. Make sure the window is "floating" rather than docked, and that you can see at least some of the blank canvas area for the first template at the same time. In the layers palette for the Right Hand Template, select ALL the layers (click one, then CTRL A), and drag the palette layers to the blank area, then release.

Close the right-side template. While the layers are still selected, drag the set to the right location. SAVE the template you've created with a new name; don't overwrite your originals. I just noticed this is in the PSElements forum; maybe someone else can revise my instructions slightly to get them just right for PSE.

Again, welcome to Scrap Girls. I look forward to seeing your layouts.

Another suggestion. After you combine your two templates, draw a line between the two layouts at the 12 inch mark. Keep this line as a separate layer as you will need to delete it prior to cutting your 24x12 layout into two separate 12x12 layouts.

This line will help you visualize how your layouts will look when they are cut apart.

Archived