Silhouettes For Silent Night

I've been looking for nativity silhouettes for a craft project very similar to this, but without the blue background. Any one that has the "silent night collection" by Elisha Barnett know if I could do it with very little effort? I see that it looks like clipping mask borders with the silhouettes are included in the collection, but I don't want the page outlines, just the nativity figures alone. Like what she's done inside the Christmas bulbs. It is going to include a lot of altering??

Thanks.

Reading the description, it says there are 3 transparencies...."Also included are 3 transparencies featuring nativity scenes: the stable, the shepherds and the wise men. A starry night sky paper is provided as a background, but you can place these over any paper to instantly transform it to fit the theme."

Hope this helps!

Conda is right. I have the collection and it would be very easy to erase or mask off the unwanted sections of the transparencies. Monica's idea of using the PSD files from ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Silent Night Ornaments sounds like a good idea too. HTH :)

Hi AnaLee! I'm so glad you're interested in this product! The transparency overlays with the nativity figures are in .PNG format, meaning they are transparent, except for the black. As Theresa says, it would be a pretty simple matter to erase away the border leaving only the figures.

You could also use the figures in ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Silent Night Ornaments, which have no border. They come larger than they look in the marketing image - about 4 inches wide. However, they are cropped round to fit in the ornament, and you may have to paint in the missing part.

If you want only the figures, here's what I suggest. Pick up Value Pack: Silent Night Printable Art and Crafts. (hey hey it's on sale!!!!). In that you get several sizes of the printable. I know - it has the blue background, but it will just be a simple matter of using your magic wand tool to select just the black. Open the printable image in the size you want in your editing software (these instructions are for Photoshop/Photoshop Elements), select the black, right click and select "layer via copy," then delete the layer with the blue. You'll be left with just the silhouette!

I just checked, and the Value Pack is not on sale. But the individual products are - and buying them separately is cheaper:

Printable Art and Crafts: Silent Night 12603

Printable Art and Crafts: Silent Night 12602

Printable Art and Crafts: Silent Night 12602

If you want only the figures, here's what I suggest. Pick up Value Pack: Silent Night Printable Art and Crafts. (hey hey it's on sale!!!!). In that you get several sizes of the printable. I know - it has the blue background, but it will just be a simple matter of using your magic wand tool to select just the black. Open the printable image in the size you want in your editing software (these instructions are for Photoshop/Photoshop Elements), select the black, right click and select "layer via copy," then delete the layer with the blue. You'll be left with just the silhouette!

Great tip Elisha! :)

Great tip Elisha! :)/>

Elisha to the rescue!

Thanks so much everyone. I'm sure that it will be pretty simple to get what I need. Honestly though, I haven't done much of any scrapbooking at all for a few months (gasp!!) I did get excited when I saw that new collections though, so I'm just going to take the plunge and dive in again. It's like riding a bike right?!?!

Archived