4 replies to this topic

#1 laurielou56

laurielou56

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hi everyone. I posted this layout in the family gallery a few days ago and the more I look at it the more I think it's "off". I have been trying to rework it - I think the word "strong" over to the left makes the balance all wrong. I thought maybe of moving the large picture in the lower right corner to the bottom/middle, but I don't think I like that either. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Posted Image

#2 sloginny

sloginny

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

I think I would lessen the spaces between the lines and move the "strong" over to the right, so the "g"s line up horizontally. What do you think?

#3 ValerieT

ValerieT

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• TOU Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,077 posts
  • Personal Statement:Mad as a hatter, with the patience of a saint!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

I also think the quote is too spread out, and for me over powers the photos, What I mean is my eye is drawn to the quote not the photos.

I do like what you've created, they are wonderful photos, and that's the perfect quote for them.

gallery_22902_66_5896.png
Button_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.pngBLINKIES_UK.gif SecondHomeBlinkieGIF.gif?t=1352459462SG-9-Anniversary-SugarNSpice-Blinkie.gif

#4 JenniferZ

JenniferZ

Scrap Girl Scrapper Devotee

• Design Team
  • 3,906 posts
  • Personal Statement:Strong Women: May we know them. May we raise them. May we be them.

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

I would maybe open up the spaces between your photos on the left and I might even enlarge them and put them slightly off edge.

Then I would play around with the font in the quote a bit, but definitely keep the words "Gentle" and "Strong" larger and in that great bold font. Maybe decrease the size and change the color of the rest of the words...and I would shift the word "Strong" over, so it is in line with the rest of the quote.

You have a great foundation for a page here, though! Love the collection of photos, the quote, the color scheme and the extractions!

spring10siggy.png
Button_Designer.pngSGblinkie.gif

#5 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,601 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

I really, really like the changes you've made to your layout Laurie - I loved the first one - the second one is just fabulous and the changes did make such a huge difference in the composition of your wonderful layout!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users