Friday Customer Submitted Challenge12/7/2012

SodScrap

Today’s challenge comes from goodqueenbee. Congratulations!!

The challenge: I have always wanted to scrap "cars we have owned" and make a spread of the photos we have accumulated of them.

Don't forget to post your layouts in the General Message Board Challenges Gallery and post a link back in this thread.

Also, don't forget to send in your own ideas for the Friday Customer Submitted Challenge. You could win a prize from Scrap Girls if your idea is selected. Send those ideas to Challenges@scrapgirls.com

This was fun!!

Here is mine Friday Customer Challenge 12/7/2012

Your layout was awesome, Conda! LYSL in the Gallery! Wish I had pics of all the cars we've owned but I don't - this challenge did bring a story to mind though - once, years and years and years ago, when we were a very young Air Force family, we had the car of our dreams, a Chevy Super Sport - we couldn't really afford to payments on it and knew we had to get rid of it - it was a heartbreaking day the day we sold it and Rich went out and bought the most awful car we've ever owned - it was so awful that I felt shameful driving it but it was transportation and it was affordable since he only paid $100 for it - yep, that bad - it was the ugliest old white Valient ever made! We drove it for about a year and a half before we could finally buy a new car - ah, memories! LOL LOL

Well... Here's a layout.

Like Sara, we owned more than a couple of $100 cars and were also given cars by family members (yay!), but we never took photos of them. Too bad. My favorite was an old Pontiac that was parked in front of our house when it gave up the ghost. We actually sold that one for $100 to a father and son who liked to tinker. They towed it away and happily managed to get it back on the road.

I have only ever owned 2 cars. But I did have a conversation with my husband the other day about the succession of mini vans my parents have owned. I wonder if I could find photos for all of them. Great idea for a LO, just going to take some work finding the photos.

I have a great story for this challenge, and a photo to go with it. I tried to do something this afternoon and hit a brick wall....maybe it will all come back tomorrow.

Brick walls! Take it down brick by brick, Ann! Easier said than done, but I get that advice all the time, so just passing it on! :giggle_bear: Besides, your layouts are always wonderful and I know that yours will be awesome once you get that wall down! :)

Well... Here's a layout.

Like Sara, we owned more than a couple of $100 cars and were also given cars by family members (yay!), but we never took photos of them. Too bad. My favorite was an old Pontiac that was parked in front of our house when it gave up the ghost. We actually sold that one for $100 to a father and son who liked to tinker. They towed it away and happily managed to get it back on the road.

Oh, and I thought we must have been the only ones who drove $100 cars! heeeheeee! You made me feel better! I do wish I had a pic of that old car -

Hmm... I think I might still have my old Matchbox car around here somewhere ;)

lol....or family cars you remember growing up...we had an awful STATION wagon...I barely remember it...surely we don't have pictures of that ugly thing...LOL

OR...the evolution of public transportation...then and now...you could find some photos on the internet....

Archived