Inking Edges Tip

Bride

I've seen on the forum here, many like to use Tim Holtz distress inks for giving their cards/projects a finished look and have many different colors to match the digital paper I'm using in a particular project. I agree with many that the best results come from dabbing a sponge or dauber on the pad and using that to softly swipe across the edges of their project. It does give a beautiful, controlled effect. I really like Tim's wooden handled tool that you can interchange sponge pads with. I feel the handle can give you great control in using several different techniques of inking. One tip I have ... I bought one handle and a pack of replacement sponge pads. I also bought a package of small round velcro stickers. I have placed one sticker on the lid of each of my distress inks and after using the sponge of a particular color I remove that sponge from the wooden tool and place the back side of the sponge on the lid of the coordinating ink. This way I do not compromise my inks nor waste the use of sponges.

decphotos022.jpg

• 1 month later...

I've seen on the forum here, many like to use Tim Holtz distress inks for giving their cards/projects a finished look and have many different colors to match the digital paper I'm using in a particular project. I agree with many that the best results come from dabbing a sponge or dauber on the pad and using that to softly swipe across the edges of their project. It does give a beautiful, controlled effect. I really like Tim's wooden handled tool that you can interchange sponge pads with. I feel the handle can give you great control in using several different techniques of inking. One tip I have ... I bought one handle and a pack of replacement sponge pads. I also bought a package of small round velcro stickers. I have placed one sticker on the lid of each of my distress inks and after using the sponge of a particular color I remove that sponge from the wooden tool and place the back side of the sponge on the lid of the coordinating ink. This way I do not compromise my inks nor waste the use of sponges.

decphotos022.jpg

Archived