Bride

Inking Edges Tip

9 posts in this topic

I've seen on the forum here, many like to use Tim Holtz distress inks for giving their cards/projects a finished look and have many different colors to match the digital paper I'm using in a particular project. I agree with many that the best results come from dabbing a sponge or dauber on the pad and using that to softly swipe across the edges of their project. It does give a beautiful, controlled effect. I really like Tim's wooden handled tool that you can interchange sponge pads with. I feel the handle can give you great control in using several different techniques of inking. One tip I have ... I bought one handle and a pack of replacement sponge pads. I also bought a package of small round velcro stickers. I have placed one sticker on the lid of each of my distress inks and after using the sponge of a particular color I remove that sponge from the wooden tool and place the back side of the sponge on the lid of the coordinating ink. This way I do not compromise my inks nor waste the use of sponges.

decphotos022.jpg

What a great idea, Lei! Thanks for sharing it here - I can't tell you how many times I've wasted these things!

Thanks for sharing this great tip Lei!

I've seen on the forum here, many like to use Tim Holtz distress inks for giving their cards/projects a finished look and have many different colors to match the digital paper I'm using in a particular project. I agree with many that the best results come from dabbing a sponge or dauber on the pad and using that to softly swipe across the edges of their project. It does give a beautiful, controlled effect. I really like Tim's wooden handled tool that you can interchange sponge pads with. I feel the handle can give you great control in using several different techniques of inking. One tip I have ... I bought one handle and a pack of replacement sponge pads. I also bought a package of small round velcro stickers. I have placed one sticker on the lid of each of my distress inks and after using the sponge of a particular color I remove that sponge from the wooden tool and place the back side of the sponge on the lid of the coordinating ink. This way I do not compromise my inks nor waste the use of sponges.

decphotos022.jpg

What a great idea. Beats putting them in plastic bags and getting ink all over your fingers taking them out. Thanks.

Shirl