Which Software Is The Most Appropriate?

Kate Davis

we are hoping to move house early next year the house needs quite a bit doing to it. For Christmas I wanted to buy my husband an ideas book with a mix of blank pages for notes and checklist for things that need doing. I haven't been able to find anything so thinking of making one. What are your recommendations on software? I was thinking of table with check box and duplicating it down the page, but k ow that won't be easy in pse.

Sorry if words messed up I'm writing this on my tablet.

Here's one suggestion:

Do you have Microsoft Word on your computer? It has the ability to make tables, and it's easy enough to use. If you wanted to decorate the pages, you can also import jpeg files into a Word table, so you could use either a photo or a layout you made in PSE and saved as a jpeg. I'm sure other people will come along with other ideas as well. Good luck -- it sounds like a great idea!!

I was thinking Word also. Excel is a great tool, but I'm not sure you can insert graphics on it? I maybe wrong on that ... but I didn't think you could.

You can, indeed, insert images into Excel spreadsheets. :)

If you decide to use Excel, click the cell where you want your graphic to go, navigate to the Insert tab>Picture and then find the file you'd like to place there, then click Insert. Easy, peasy!

HTH!

Thank you for your comments.

I originally thought of Word, but have struggled to insert images in the past as it has tended to decide where to put them instead of putting them where I want. Do you suggest adding individual elements e.g. title, corner cluster, or creating a full page in pse and then using at as the document background?

Archived