Scrapsimple Club

misseswojo

I wanted to know if the color palettes are supposed to be included with the SS Club? The reason I ask is because 7 out of the 20 that I have, do not have a color palette.

Thanks,

The SSClubs did not always have a palette, nor a finished Nano--that's relatively new.

I have these palettes from ScrapSimple Clubs:

RockStarFabric, June 2011

FabricHappy, Sept 2011

CitySlick, Sept 2012

RoomWithAView, April 2012

GrannysAttic, Nov 2012

PaperRelics, Aug 2012

Admirer, Feb 2012

ModernWalls, Nov 2011, made my own from sampling the stripes on the Marketing sheet.

Autumnish, Oct 2011

AutumnWhispers, Oct 2012

PictureBook, May 2011

NatureInspiration, April 2012

TimeStandsStill, Dec 2011, made my own...

SummerFun, July 2012

LifeStories, Nov 2011

I had to really hunt, because most of the palettes are stored with the Nanos that came with these clubs, and the Nanos are in the finished Collections, rather than in my Scrap Simple folders.When I've made my own palette swatch, I did it by sampling the marketing graphic--there are stripes about 1/3 and 2/3 of the way across with a "palette" that may or may not be official.

post-17172-0-30861200-1355287708_thumb.jpg

I really appreciate designers providing these, but it is up to them.

The SSClubs did not always have a palette, nor a finished Nano--that's relatively new.

I have these palettes from ScrapSimple Clubs:

RockStarFabric, June 2011

FabricHappy, Sept 2011

CitySlick, Sept 2012

RoomWithAView, April 2012

GrannysAttic, Nov 2012

PaperRelics, Aug 2012

Admirer, Feb 2012

ModernWalls, Nov 2011, made my own from sampling the stripes on the Marketing sheet.

Autumnish, Oct 2011

AutumnWhispers, Oct 2012

PictureBook, May 2011

NatureInspiration, April 2012

TimeStandsStill, Dec 2011, made my own...

SummerFun, July 2012

LifeStories, Nov 2011

I had to really hunt, because most of the palettes are stored with the Nanos that came with these clubs, and the Nanos are in the finished Collections, rather than in my Scrap Simple folders.When I've made my own palette swatch, I did it by sampling the marketing graphic--there are stripes about 1/3 and 2/3 of the way across with a "palette" that may or may not be official.

post-17172-0-30861200-1355287708_thumb.jpg

I really appreciate designers providing these, but it is up to them.

WOW! Thanks for the information Barbara!

Barbara, what a great idea to use the stripes on the marketing image!

I thought that was why they were there... ^_^/>/> Presumed the colors were selected by the designer...

I have to say, I never even took notice of them before. I took a look at some of the clubs and they do seem to match; the color stripes on the marketing image and the color palettes that are included. All the color palettes that I do not have are from 2011 except 1, which was January 2012. I have one for every month since then. So I'm wondering if I was deleting them last year, not knowing any better.

These are the 7 that I do not have the color palettes for. I think we are using different names for the same club months though.

Woodland-April 2011

Stitching Studio-July 2011

Record It-August 2011

All Natural-October 2011

Modern Living-Novemeber 2011

Time-Decemeber 2011

Life Stories-January 2012

I just perused my zip files and while I'm not sure I checked all of them, I didn't see a color swatch in any of the ones you listed that I checked.

Thank you for looking April, I appreciate it :christmas:

Barbara, what a great idea to use the stripes on the marketing image!

I thought that was why they were there... ^_^/>/> Presumed the colors were selected by the designer...

I'm sure you're right, lol, but I just never thought of it:) You're way smarter and more observant than I!

Since the ScrapSimple products are created as greyscale products so we can colorize them ourselves, I never even expected them to include color palettes.

Having a color palette in those SS club folders would make me feel obligated to use only those colors with the products... so I would probably remove the color palette anyway. But maybe that's just how my brain works ;)

When we do a ScrapSimple club now, the designers create a nano collection that is included with the bonus items. The nano is a mini mini kit that is made with the products in the club. The color palette included is the palette the designer used to create the nano collection. I think it's useful for customers to have the palette, that way they could, if they desire, design additional elements from the club (or other clubs) to coordinate with the nano. 2012 (I believe) was the first year we started doing it this way, so previous clubs might not have a palette.

I did January 2012 - I submitted a color palette, but it looks like it didn't make it into the download. Here it is:

Elisha thank you so much for the color palette, I really appreciate it.

Its nice when the color palette is included with collections, but I've never relied on them. Most often I adjust colors to match or complement my photo colors. Or make my own palette with one of the colors. With the scrap simple items its so much fun to experiment with colors. I use kuler a lot!

I love that the palettes are included with the clubs! I just keep them in my 'palettes' folder and use the for inspiration whenever I want a palette to use :) I also love that they include the palette with the Nano so I have some idea of what the base colors where when they started designing :) Palettes are my friend for sure :)

And as a side note, just because they are in with any product, doesn't mean it's exclusive to that product. Feel free to mix and match and use with anything you're designing :)

Archived