Pse11 Using Cursor Keys

Kate Davis

I really like using the cursor keys in PSE to move items a little bit in one direction (I'm not accurate enough with the mouse). However, in PSE11 I often find the keys don't do anything. I've already discovered that if I've got Effects chosen the keys will scroll through the different options, but I don't know why they sometimes work and sometimes not when I've got the layers chosen (obviously when I've got the move tool selected).

Any thoughts??

Hi Kate, I've had this trouble in PSE 11 and also PSE 9. I have found that when the keyboard arrow keys stop working after applying a style, I can either press Ctrl+T then use the arrow keys, or even though it looks like it's active, either click on the Move tool icon, or just press v (Move tool shortcut), then the arrow keys work fine for me. HTH

I always had that trouble in PSE 10 if I tried to use the arrow keys to move a layer immediately after applying a style or action. I always have the Organizer open, so I would go out to the Organizer and come back into the Editor and it started working again. I've had issues in PSE 11 also. I'll certainly try your methods Theresa. Sounds a lot simpler!

I know that in previous versions, you have to make sure you have the Move tool selected for the arrow keys to work. I know they have changed a couple of keyboard short-cut keys in 11, but since I don't have it, I don't remember which they are.

I know that in previous versions, you have to make sure you have the Move tool selected for the arrow keys to work. I know they have changed a couple of keyboard short-cut keys in 11, but since I don't have it, I don't remember which they are.

As far as I know the only keyboard shortcuts that have been changed in PSE 11 are these:

the Magic Wand is no longer W it is now A

W is the shortcut for the Recompose tool

V is still the shortcut for the move tool ;)

Archived