Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deb C.

Brushes, Styles, Actions

6 posts in this topic

I am interested in the book "Mastering Brushes in Photoshop Elements."

However, I am wondering if this will be too hard for me as a beginner. I haven't gone through Ro's Secrets yet, and I know I will need to do that before this book will help me. Will this book help me right along with Ro's Secrets? Or will it take awhile before I'm ready for it. (Keep in mind, I am not artistic or creative.)

Thanks for your advice.

Deb

Deb, this is a great book, and comes with a marvelous brush set as well. I have the PS version, but I believe they're very similar. 130 plus pages of examples and step-by-step instructions. You won't go wrong with this, especially during this great sale!

Hi, Deb!

I have this book for PS (full version). Ro's Secrets are awesome (have them for PS, as well! :) ) And if you are new, I would definitely recommend them as a great starting point for digital scrapbooking and getting to know your program.

However, Shalae does a wonderful job outlining step-by-step how you can use brushes to enhance your digital scrapbooking pages. There are lots and lots of screen shots, explanations and examples. So, I would honestly say, even if you are new, it won't take you long to be able to work through Shalae's great course.

Also, there is a super-terrific, awesomely-good sale today!!!! :)

I echo the above sentiments. The Brush book was one of the first I purchased, and I learned alot. I think you will find that it will give you a good foundation for your brush work.

Thanks, ladies. Just what I wanted to hear. Now I'm off to order my ebook - among other things. :)

I must step in and recommend it as well! Learning how to use brushes, and even making my own with Mastering Brushes in Photoshop Elements opened up a whole new digit scrapping world for me.