Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll add a selection of them tomorrow (I assume that is okay and you don't need all of them)

The Requirement for Task Two is to post links to 3 of the products. HTH

Oh dear, I misread the task, I thought you need to list all the items you haven't used and you only listed 3 if you were looking for new ones in the shop. Thank you for the clarification, it will make my task a bit easier :)

Task #2:

I haven't done any layouts since October, but have still been buying so I have a fair bit I haven't used yet. Here are three choices:

Charisma collection biggie

Digi Doer Page grids 01

Styles: Metallics 6401 Biggie This is one of several I bought in December that are unzipped and filed but I haven't installed them yet.

January 1 - Task 1

I usually cannot wait to unzip all my purchases (have to peek at everything). I'm currently downloading more purchases as I work on this challenge.

Currently, I use Ro's system and have added some other folders to help me find things quickly when creating. Designer collections are filed under original SG names, but their elements are copied into Ro's filing system. Freebies are renamed and categoriezed into appropriate folders (if I don't own the matching collection.) I backup ZIP folders to CD's and am on my 3rd EHD. Always looking for ways to speed up the product search when working on LOs. As for purchase history, I use Excel to create a file copy...have everything at a quick glance.

This will be interesting to read other organizational ideas. I need to improve my ability to grab this and that quickly when creating LO's. I get "lost" looking for supplies sometime.

January 2 - Task 2

Only 3? This is going to be difficult to narrow down. I guess the three products that I own (just unzipped) and can't wait to use are:

JSM_dD-pageGrids01_SSA_12x12_MKTG_300.jpg

digiDoer pageGrids 01

ScrapSimple Digital LO Album Templates

I'm looking forward to using this template to use for Project 52!!!

wm_MRE_FocusVellum_MKTG_300.jpg

MRE_Focus Frames Vellum Embellies

This looks like so much fun to use.

SNU_SSPaper_VeryVintage_MKTG150.jpg

SNU_ScrapSimple Paper Template-Very Vintage II

April has inspired me on my genealogy/family history photos/documentation. This just looks so versatile, too.

Task #3

This will be good, i'll get to use supplies I bought to scrap my kids playing in the first snow this year and actually get it done before a month goes by. they couldn't wait to get out and go sledding

January 4 - TASK 4

Create a layout using at least two products you haven't used before and the photos you chose in Task # 3.

Requirement: Upload your layout to the Jumpstart January 2013 Gallery and share the link in this thread. Include the link in your month-end document.

Task #2 Here's some of my unused products:

1. January 2013 Club - Loving this NEW club. My first CLUB... Can't wait to use it! :happy-sun:

2. Amanda Fraijo-Tobin - Fatherly Collection Biggie - (Christmas Special) - I think some of you will know what I want to use this for... :waving-hi:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/p15885.php

3. Jo Corne - ScrapSimple Card Templates: Cardiology 6 x 4 Vertical Cards - I want to make more cards!

http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-card-templates-cardiology-6x4-vertical-p26763.php

My New Year's resolution is to try to use everything that I have brought from the Fabulous Scrap Girls Boutique & put it to some good use! Plus to continue making my Hybrid Items :new_year:

PS - How do you make url's like #1 ?? - I cheated on this one & copied from someone else's products ;)

Quote ~ Include the link in your month-end document.

What does this mean ??

Jemima if you look at page 1 of this thread and April's instructions you will see she explains this:

"Create a single email draft or word document to be sent at the end of the month with various task requirements included. Label each task in your email with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct tasks. ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included. We will keep track of those that require posting in this thread throughout the month."

I usually create a new WORD document and add the links or whatever is required to be on this page to be emailed at the end of the month.

Does that help?

Task #2 Here's some of my unused products:

1. January 2013 Club - Loving this NEW club. My first CLUB... Can't wait to use it! :happy-sun:

2. Amanda Fraijo-Tobin - Fatherly Collection Biggie - (Christmas Special) - I think some of you will know what I want to use this for... :waving-hi:

http://store.scrapgirls.com/p15885.php

3. Jo Corne - ScrapSimple Card Templates: Cardiology 6 x 4 Vertical Cards - I want to make more cards!

http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-card-templates-cardiology-6x4-vertical-p26763.php

My New Year's resolution is to try to use everything that I have brought from the Fabulous Scrap Girls Boutique & put it to some good use! Plus to continue making my Hybrid Items :new_year:

PS - How do you make url's like #1 ?? - I cheated on this one & copied from someone else's products ;)

Hi Jemima, here are some basic instructions:

To link products from the Boutique to your post do this:

1. On the product page in the Boutique, go to the address bar at the very top of the page, and click on it. Then press Ctrl+C (copy)

2. Go to your post and type the name of the product and highlight it

3. At the top of the post window, click on the little box that looks like a little piece of chain (it’s to the right of the smiley face)

4. Press Ctrl+V (paste)

5. Click on the Insert Link button. You will see what looks like a lot of gibberish is your post, but when you click the Post button, the post should contain the link (just the name of the item with the line underneath)

Hope this helps!

January 4 - TASK 4

Create a layout using at least two products you haven't used before and the photos you chose in Task # 3.

Requirement: Upload your layout to the Jumpstart January 2013 Gallery and share the link in this thread. Include the link in your month-end document.

Theresa, is this a finished LO? I'm thinking "yes" since it will be uploaded to the gallery, but sometimes we're asked to add more things in the next task or two. :)

January 4 - TASK 4

Theresa, is this a finished LO? I'm thinking "yes" since it will be uploaded to the gallery, but sometimes we're asked to add more things in the next task or two. :)

Yes, this will be the finished layout. :)

January 4 - TASK 4

Do we have to use 2 of the products that we listed or just any 2 that we haven't used yet?

January 4 - TASK 4

Do we have to use 2 of the products that we listed or just any 2 that we haven't used yet?

Any two (at least) products you haven't used before will work fine. If you wish to do so, you may use some or all of the products you listed. HTH :)

Task #1 I download products into store folders then save according to date and order number. Then I extract and copy to folders Background Papers, Embellishments, Templates, etc. These folders are further subfoldered with colors of papers and types of embellishments, in accordance with the design Ro had in the Welcome Kit. Done downloading but still sorting a bit.

Archived