Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 18 - TASK 13

[/color] Requirement: Post a description of the pattern and/or colors or share a photo of your inspiration in this game thread. See Task #3 for file size limit and upload instructions.

What does this mean... a description ??

Task #13 COMPLETE

So, I looked around our house and the Christmas tree is still sitting there all decorated so I figure that there are lots of colors and sparkles to inspire me... And, maybe it will inspire me to take that tree down.

You can add a photo of your inspiration Jemima or describe it to us... eg a thick woollen jumper with dark blue zig zag pattern... just so we know what to look for in your upcoming layout!

January 18 - TASK 13

[/color] Requirement: Post a description of the pattern and/or colors or share a photo of your inspiration in this game thread. See Task #3 for file size limit and upload instructions.

What does this mean... a description ??

TASK #13

I have this cross stitch piece hanging in my living room because I love it. I made it a couple years ago, and enjoyed the whole time. The soft, warm colors and the whole idea of a little beach community just inspire me. Every time I look at it I want to go to live at the beach!

Task #13

I love the area rug in our living room. It has soft shades of blue, green, peach on a brown background. The pattern is paisly and floral. I am not at home right now and cannot take a photo of it, but here is a picture of my DGS laying on it playing with one of his gifts at Christmas.

January 17 - SPEEDBUMP

I created my siggie on Jan 3 using a photo taken in my backyard. Snow had just fallen and created a beautiful wintery wonderland with sparkling ice crystals stuck to every branch of the trees. I counted this scene as a blessing. Here's a link to my FAV siggie: My Jan Siggie.

January 18 - Task # 13 -- My Inspiration

My inspiration comes from an acrylic painting (4ft x 6ft) of crotons by a Miami artist. The painting displays bright, tropical colors -- in a perfect setting of light highlighting the leaves.

Although I cannot post Marcelle's painting, I can show a croton here:

January 19 - TASK 14

Drawing inspiration from task #13 use a ScrapSimple paper, embellishment, alpha or word art to create at least one item for a future layout.

Requirement: Post the name and a link to the ScrapSimple Product (if available) you used in this thread.

Tasks #9 and # 10

I’m going to use Brandy Murry’s Breaking Down the Layout –Blending Video Tutorial. This is an action packed tutorial and I worked through it a number of times just to get the hang of it! LOL. Amongst other things Brandy demonstrates the use of the Lasso tool to extract; the re-colouring of a photo to sepia using a paper; the Darken Colour mode; and finally to top it all off she shows how to use a layer and white to "erase" parts of the paper that the photo blends into. This is an excellent tutorial that demonstrates Brandy's amazing talents.

Task # 10

I have been experimenting with Placing Your Journaling Inside a Shape because I always use a rectangle or a bought type path and think this would help me vary my journalling. Unfortunately it is written for Photoshop and I'm running Elements so I've had to do a fair bit of experimenting to get it working.

In PSE to write inside a shape you need to use one of the included custom shapes, you are not able to draw your own shape as shown in the blog tutorial. However, you can combine multiple custom shapes and the text will flow across them as if they were one shape. I'm hoping when I come to do my layout I can select my shape as shown in the tutorial and make this a standard shape, then over the top recreate the shape with the custom shapes so I can then add my journalling.

Fingers crossed this works for me, I won't know until I have done the layout as I don't know what the shape will be like.

speed bump- back up... I backed up my files. Took a few hours. Yes hours. I have an external hard drive and that is how I back up. I only use it for my files. my hubby has his own! LOL

January 18 - Task #13

I’ve chosen as inspiration the 1914 painting Frauenkopf, Gerda by the expressionist artist Ernst Ludwig Kirchner. I love the confident look of Kirchner’s subject, Gerda Schilling. Kirchner’s use of intense colour and Ms Schilling’s stylish clothing enhance the appearance of a woman in charge of her own life.

January 18 - Task #13

I’ve chosen as inspiration the 1914 painting Frauenkopf, Gerda by the expressionist artist Ernst Ludwig Kirchner. I love the confident look of Kirchner’s subject, Gerda Schilling. Kirchner’s use of intense colour and Ms Schilling’s stylish clothing enhance the appearance of a woman in charge of her own life.

Oh, Eden I can't wait to see what you create with this.

Archived