Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 26 - TASK 19

Choose Word Art or a quote to use with your photos.

Completed - I have both Word Art & a Quote ready - just not sure which will fit the final layout ;)

January 28 - TASK 20

Completed - I've chosen 5 to use that will be visible... but that's a difficult choice when I would like to use more... or can we ?? but still have the main 5 visible! :)

January 30 - SPEEDBUMP

Hmmm I have printed some photobooks with Shutterfly & Snapfish but I would love to know which printing company would do 12 x 12 - I have never printed a 12 x 12 layout as I it's been too expensive :( Would love to know what you all use... even though I'm in Australia :) I've tried local places but too expensive until I find a good one to print a 12 x 12 book with my family layouts - that would be AWESOME to have :) The other little books I have printed have been 6 x 4 or 8 x8 but with the 8 x 8 - I couldn't use my own elements so i was disappointed with the outcome... I will continue reading tomorrow your other ideas greatly appreciated :) Thanks so much in advance ;)

January 28 - TASK 20

Choose at least 5 different embellishments to add to your page.

Requirement: All 5 embellishments must be visible on your completed page.

Oh darn, I've just put my embellishments on my layout, and realised there are only 3 different ones and I've just duplicated some of them. I assume that doesn't count :(/> I have to take the kids for their swimming class now so I'll have to wait and see if I have time to change it later.

Speedbump

I don't regularly print my layouts, I have done several different things one time. My plan is I will have a photobook printed for each year, so far I'm part way through 2010, 2011 and 2012; I'm doing well with 2013 so far thanks to this challenge. My husband bought me a new printer for Christmas because I got so frustrated with our old one. It is Canon Mx895 and it is wireless which is wonderful.

This how I've printed my layouts:

• Printed Beth's Project Life layout at home so she can show her friends
  • Used Vistaprint to print Matthew's thank you cards (not photo quality)
  • Used Printitoncanvas for a wedding gift
  • Used Albelli for an album for my father in laws birthday

At the moment I share most of my layouts digitally; I upload most of my them to our own photo website (using Coppermine gallery) and then either link to the files in an email or through facebook, and I have them showing randomly on my laptop screensaver.

January 19 - TASK 14

Drawing inspiration from task #13 use a ScrapSimple paper, embellishment, alpha or word art to create at least one item for a future layout.

Requirement: Post the name and a link to the ScrapSimple Product (if available) you used in this thread.

I'm re-reading task #14 and I read it as " to creat at least one item for a future layout. So I had created a word art using the colours from my inspiration in #13!! LOL I guess I was supposed to pick a scrapsimple item and colour it to match. Ops I guess I got that one wrong. Oh well I still got my pages done and that is all I need!!

Thanks to everyone for their challanges and to April for tallying up all the scores!! LOL

Sooo, I have two people on my chart that have finished all the tasks, but I haven't gotten an email from them yet.

There are several more who have just a few more tasks left to complete... you can do it! 2468who-do-we-appreciate.gif

Just so you know, I'm replying to your emails so you know I got them. If you completed all the tasks and sent an email and didn't get a reply, let me know!

Speedbump January 30

No I don't print. My printer isn't good enough. If I ever get enough of layouts that go together I will probably make a photobook. There are some places that print square then 12x12 works. The standard size here is A4

Speedbump

I make a printed book of all the LOs of my grandson which I give to his mum and dad for Christmas. I have also created some small hyrid crafts where I have used my own HP printer to print out (very) small LOs onto craft card. I am doubtful that the print will last very long.

I have found a source of cheap high-quality photo printing and I may decide to print out more that I have done previously, but I'm ambivalent about it. as it is so easy to email thumbnails of my work to friends and family

Archived