Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

Task # 11 My layout uses a simple black and white color scheme. Here is a black and white color swatch. I had to make the background colored to make the white swatch show up.

Task #12 Here is the link to my layout Good Friends Often Think Alike I used a tutorial from the SG University "Chalking Around PNG Brush Files Using the Burn Tool" and used this effect on the stamped border behing the title. Also used the new Brandy Murray action silhouette tutorial.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task # 9 tutorial chosen

Task # 10

Background Brushes- Dynamic Brushes in Sept SS club

Brandy shows how to use her Dynamic Background Blender Brushes to make clouds, blend pages, add color splats to pages.

Is it ok to use Brandy's tutorial for her brushes from Utube?

Yes. Many of her tutorials were featured in the newsletter or blog as well.

January 14 - TASK 10 - Complete

I chose April's newsletter tutorial on using masks to trim layers. Trimming with Masks I've used the mask to trim embellishments and papers. I didn't realize how easy this technique is and using it speeds up layouts (and God know I need to speed up a little--or maybe a lot). Now, I want to learn more about using masks.

January 17 - SPEEDBUMP

Update your Signature. If you have a new seasonal signature you have created within the month of January 2013, you are ahead of the curve for this challenge! If not, create a new seasonal signature to use for the rest of January. If you already created one this year, you are not required to make a new one.

Requirement: Post a link to your new seasonal signature (created in January 2013) in this thread.

Custom Signature Basics:

Maximum size of custom signature for the Scrap Girls Forum is 225 x 225 pixels.

Make sure your signature fills the whole 225 pixels either horizontally or vertically. If there is a lot of white space around it, it will be really tiny on the message board.

Save your signature as a PNG to allow for transparency. (Not as big of an issue now that the background of the forum is white).

Upload your signature to the Message Board Signatures Gallery.

Once your layout is in the gallery, you add it to your signature:

1. Click on "Share Image" and copy the URL from the 'Image Link' box

2. Go to your 'My Settings' (top right corner of MB, down-arrow, My Settings)

3. Click on 'Profile' in the horizontal purple menu line

4. Click on 'Change Signature' in the vertical left purple menu

5. If you are changing your signature, delete the old one, in the Edit signature Box.

6. Click on 'Insert Image' in the message menu (button looks like a horizon scene)

7. Paste your new URL (Image Link from the Gallery) in the window that pops up.

8. Click on 'Insert Image' in the pop-up.

9. Click on 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the Edit signature Box.

January 17 Speed Bump:

Here's my signature (I hope!) It's the first time I've done one, so I already see what I could do better next time. But I'll have to change it, so there's room for improvement. I can't stay snowflakes forever, it's against my principles :lol:/>

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/139854-january-signature/

Task # 12 COMPLETE

Here is my layout # 3 Matchbook Album Craft.

I included the link in my month-end document also.

Hi Marilyn, your link isn't working for me - I'm getting an error message saying it isn't a valid image...

SO sorry Theresa - I had to fix something so deleted the image - it's working now, sorry.

No problem - I just couldn't figure out why it wasn't working for me. Great page, and wonderful job on the album BTW. LYSL in the gallery. :)

January 17-Speedbump

Here is the link to my new siggie....haven't updated that for a long time, so this was good!

I'm calling it seasonal because the background reminds me of the snow (and the yellow parts where the dog has been :runningdog:/>) and the colors remind me of a cold winter day sitting in the house with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate!

(I know I need to get tasks 9,10,11 and 12 done but this was more fun than trying to learn a new technique on an old software with tutorials from a different software)

Speedbump no 2

I use Cobian to automate my backups, it is free windows software. It backs up files from my laptop to my external hard drive once a week. My scrapping items are already on the drive so it backs those up to our desktop computer over the wireless network. It works very well, unless it only does a partial backup because I turn off the computer or disconnect the ehd and that is what I found when I looked this evening. Anyway all now backed up properly.

January 18 - TASK 13

Look through your home, online or in the boutique to find a piece of art, a pattern and/or color combination that inspires you.

Requirement: Post a description of the pattern and/or colors or share a photo of your inspiration in this game thread. See Task #3 for file size limit and upload instructions.

Note: Please keep the Scrap Girls Terms of Use in mind when posting images or links. If you aren't sure whether you can post an certain image, a description is fine!

Archived