Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task # 10

I have been experimenting with Placing Your Journaling Inside a Shape because I always use a rectangle or a bought type path and think this would help me vary my journalling. Unfortunately it is written for Photoshop and I'm running Elements so I've had to do a fair bit of experimenting to get it working.

In PSE to write inside a shape you need to use one of the included custom shapes, you are not able to draw your own shape as shown in the blog tutorial. However, you can combine multiple custom shapes and the text will flow across them as if they were one shape. I'm hoping when I come to do my layout I can select my shape as shown in the tutorial and make this a standard shape, then over the top recreate the shape with the custom shapes so I can then add my journalling.

Fingers crossed this works for me, I won't know until I have done the layout as I don't know what the shape will be like.

Thanks for sharing this link! I've been trying to learn this technique forever!!!! Love it!

task #9 and 10 Picking a tutorial. I am so glad I'm behind. I found this one gradient I have only ever used gradients on background paper. So I thought I would do it to emblishments or pictures. It sure looks neat!!

To everyone who is behind like I am ( I'm only on task #12) don't worry this is only a challange to ourselfs. we let no one done but the most impoortant person in our lives ourselfs. Even after this challange is over you still can finish the tasks and get it done. It's all up to you. Many times I'm too busy/sick or have sick kids at home and can't get it done. What I do it catch up on my own time and try to get those pages done. To me it's just about getting it done!! So no worries.

Many of you have been ill and my prayers to all of you. It's that time of year just don't stress out these challanges are just to keep you motivated!! Remember I love each and every member here and you are all an inspritation to me and that is why I keep coming back!!

January 21 - TASK 15

Locate photos that will work well with the item(s) you created in Task #14.

(Requirement included in Task #16.)

Simple, right??

Hope you all enjoyed the fact that I let you sleep in a little this morning! ;) I won't be so kind tomorrow...but it is Monday you know.

January 22 - TASK 16

Create a layout using the items created in Task #14 and the photos you chose in Task #15.

Requirement: Upload your layout to the Jumpstart January 2013 Gallery and share the link in this thread. Include the link in your month-end document.

January 10 - TASK 8

Complete your scrap-lifted layout using the composition, colors or style of the layout you chose in task #5, the photos from Task #6 and the Journaling from Task #7.

COMPLETED @ LAST :disappearing-smilie:

I chose to Scraplift ~ April Showers ~ Week 44 ~ http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/139612-week-44-october-14-20/

Here's mine ~ Glimpses of Life ~ http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/140008-glimpses-of-life/

You can add a photo of your inspiration Jemima or describe it to us... eg a thick woollen jumper with dark blue zig zag pattern... just so we know what to look for in your upcoming layout!

January 18 - TASK 13

Thanks Jode for your information.

Look for Music Notes for my inspiration...

Speedbump -- COMPLETE

Great task, Conda. I really so appreciate reading comments on my layouts, so this is a great reminder to reciprocate. Always feels good doing both. I've been trying to keep up with the JJ gallery so had to look around for one's I've missed and of course I had already commented today BEFORE seeing this post. Oh well - I am now up to date.

Speedbump -- COMPLETE

Great task, Conda. I really so appreciate reading comments on my layouts, so this is a great reminder to reciprocate. Always feels good doing both. I've been trying to keep up with the JJ gallery so had to look around for one's I've missed and of course I had already commented today BEFORE seeing this post. Oh well - I am now up to date.

Ditto Marilyn to all of your comments. Pretty sure I have already left love on all posted layouts and was in gallery leaving love before seeing this!! will include links from the next four posted.

Archived