Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

January 15 - TASK 11

I can't do this I'm stuck as I'm going through the tutorials & this is where I got stuck & didn't know where to go :(

"Run the Color Pick Action from your actions palette". Where do I find this in PSE7 ?? OR can I go ahead & do it without this Colour Swatch please ??

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 22 - TASK 16

Task #14 ~ Scrap Girls_SSClub_DEB_SSPaper_Classic Beauty Mats @ http://store.scrapgi...mats-p27407.php

Task #15 ~ Photo's of my niece (Stephanie) & nephews (James singing & Jack on guitar) @ Groundswell - Regional Youth Event at Parkes - May 2012

Extra ~

Task # 4 ~ Another Unused Kit ~ Syndee Nuckles_SNU ~ Flea Market Collection Biggie @ http://store.scrapgirls.com/flea-market-collection-biggie-p26693.php

Layout using Both ~ Groundswell ~ http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/140081-groundswell/

January 15 - TASK 11

I can't do this I'm stuck as I'm going through the tutorials & this is where I got stuck & didn't know where to go :(/>

"Run the Color Pick Action from your actions palette". Where do I find this in PSE7 ?? OR can I go ahead & do it without this Colour Swatch please ??

Do you have the Colour Swatch Action installed? If so you should see the icon under your effect menu. If you don't have then you can just create your own swatch.

January 25 - TASK 18

Choose 3 photos from those you organized in Task #17 and edit them to make them look their best. You can use basic touch-ups or you can get adventurous using presets, filters, styles and/or actions. Share one photo and the techniques or tools you used in this thread.

Requirement: Share the technique you used to improve your photo(s) in this thread.

January 15 - TASK 11

I can't do this I'm stuck as I'm going through the tutorials & this is where I got stuck & didn't know where to go sad.gif

Try using Syndee's ScrapSimple Tools - Actions: Color Swatch 6301.

You really just need to post a color swatch of the colors you are using. You don't need to use the action.

January 15 - TASK 11

I can't do this I'm stuck as I'm going through the tutorials & this is where I got stuck & didn't know where to go :(/>

Jemima, I just made 3 small blank new documents in PSE, then used my color picker to pick a color from my photo. I then used the paint bucket to fill one of the blank squares. I did that for 2 other colors and the 2 remianing squares. Then I made a blank rectangle new document in PSE, placed the 3 colored squares in it side by side, saved it and VOILA. Color swatch.

Hope that helps.

Task 18

Before the new year DH and his friends went to boundary bay to take pictures of the owls. There were many. I had to crop the picture so it's closer but otherwise I didn't have to do much at all!!!

Task 17

I've downloaded the photographs from mine and my daughter's camera. There are several for our P52 layouts and also many of the snow we've had recently.

We store our photographs on our desktop computer (I have copies on my laptop when I'm scrapbooking them) which has a permanent duplicate hard drive. Our file are stored in folders by year and then by event e.g. 2013> 01. Snow January. We also rename our files using a consistent form 2013JanSnow001. This is the main basis of our organisation system and enables me to find pictures easily of any year or a particularly event.

I have a dream to have all my pictures tagged in photoshop organiser so I can find pictures of different combinations e.g. me and flowers, daughter and sea. However, I'd prefer to get all my pictures sorted in our filing structure before I focus on the tagging.

TASK #18

While we were hiking this morning, I took this picture of my husband. Looking at home, I like the contrast of his blue clothes and pack with the drab gray-brown winter woods.

I decided to emphasize the contrast by

- making a copy of the picture as a new layer on top

- removing the color from the new layer

- adding a layer mask to it using the gradient tool, radially centered on my husband

to blend the black & white forest of the top layer into the color layer below it.

I then cropped it to make it square, placing DH's head near the intersection of my "rule of thirds" grid.

Task # 18 - COMPLETE

I picked three photos from my recent organization in Task #17 and edited them to make them look their best. I used the "enhance" feature in iPhoto, then I put them into PSE and used the sliders to improve the saturation and contrast of the pics.

This is one of the photos -

January 26 - TASK 19

Choose Word Art or a quote to use with your photos.

Requirement: Post a link (Scrap Girls products only)to the product containing the Word Art or post the quote you chose in this thread.

I have pictures from a geocaching outing...so I'll use this quote:

Leave the beaten track occasionally and dive into the woods.

Every time you do so you will be certain to find something that you have never seen before.

Alexander Graham Bell

Task 18 - 3 photos chosen. I recently read an article in PSE Magazine,"Four Steps to a Great-looking Photo," so I decided to try the suggestions on my photo. First I cropped it, then adjusted the exposure by going to Enhance/Adjust Lighting/Levels. Then enhanced their faces to make them stand out more using the dodge tool. Then minimized attention to the stores behind them by using the burn tool. The last step is to sharpen the photo by going to Enhance/adjust sharpness. This is one of the photos.

Task #17: yesterdays's photos transfered.

I have folders for the decades, subfolders for the years and then subfolders for the date.

If I use more than one camera on a single day I rename my photos with the time first to get them chronologically

January 25 - TASK 18 - Complete

I chose 3 photos, two of which really look better with editing. First, I crop the photo (if nec) and then use AUTO ADJUST. If nec, might go back and adjust Shadows/Highlights. I love creating sepia and B/W photos. Thanks to the video from Brandy Murray, I now like to experiment by adding "ghosted" pics in my layouts.

My 3 photos are ready to go! Here is the one I edited using the steps above (without B/W, sepia, ghosting, of course).

TFL!

Task 13

I'm drawn to a bold blue and yellow right now...perhaps it's because it hasn't been sunny here and I'm craving sun and blue skies....

Task 14

ScrapSimple Embellishment Templates: Date Slides would like to play with the date slides a bit

Task 15

found some perfect photos that have the bright blue and yellow I'm envisioning. They also take me back to a sunnier time of year with blue skies :-)

Task 16

layout

I think I'm caught up now...whew!

task 18: When editing a picture the first thing I have to do is fix the red eyes. My children and I always have red eye. I use the red eye tool. It doesn't always work for me, so when it doesn't I use the brush tool on a new layer over the eyes and then blend it. Then I use the healing tool to fix any bad or obvious blemishes.

On this photo I left the dirt on my baby's face because it makes her more precious.

also on this photo I used ScrapSimple Tools - Styles: Soft Color 6301 on the photo

task 19: For word art. I'm going to use one of the other photos I edited, of us out on a celebration dinner. I am going to use the word art from Kim Meader's "Buttercup" collection. Specifically the word "celebrate".

January 21 - TASK # 15

I've got a bit of catching up to do! Here are the thumbnails of photos I'm going to use with BHA_SSPaper_City Slick_StuccoBrick. They are both photos I took when I went on holiday in Perth, Western Australia last year.

Archived