Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

January 24 - Task # 17

I don’t have much of an organising method for my photos. Usually I just save photos in a folder named for the year I took it in; sometimes with some sub folders, if the photos were for a particular event.. For those older photos that I’m gradually scanning I tend to save them to a file named for the location.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 25 - TASK 18

I have a couple of poor quality and very blurry photos of two butterflies that I took with my “point and shoot” camera. They will never be good photos so I tried a few techniques:

Photo 1: PSE9 “Extreme” Unsharp mask – 500% Amount; 73.6 Radius and 84 Threshold. That gave the photo a kind of neon glow. Interesting!

Photo 2: Corel PSP X4 I used the Enamel effect – Blur 20, Detail and Density 16 with a 45 degree angle

Photo 3: Corel PSP X4 I used the Kaleidoscope effect – Horizontal offset 10; Vertical offset 0; Rotation Angle 88; Scale factor 5; Petals 10; Orbits 0; Radial suction 23.

Photo 4: I also took a photo of much better quality of some lovely red flowers and added a crackle texture using SNU_SSStyles_CrackleTexture 6301.

Here's Photos 2 and 4:

January 22 - TASK 16

Task #14 ~ Scrap Girls_SSClub_DEB_SSPaper_Classic Beauty Mats @ http://store.scrapgi...mats-p27407.php

Task #15 ~ Photo's of my niece (Stephanie) & nephews (James singing & Jack on guitar) @ Groundswell - Regional Youth Event at Parkes - May 2012

Extra ~

Task # 4 ~ Another Unused Kit ~ Syndee Nuckles_SNU ~ Flea Market Collection Biggie @ http://store.scrapgi...ggie-p26693.php

Layout using Both ~ Groundswell ~ http://scrapgirls.ne...81-groundswell/

I've tried to use the color swatch tool for a year or so, and never mastered it. It is a lot of trouble.

I either go to one of the color sites on the web to make a color swatch or make my own by opening a new document, make three or more little squares with PSE tools, like rectangles or shapes, then use your color pick and bucket tools to fill them. Similar to Marilyn's idea. Once you make your color squares, save it as a template, then just refill the colors.

Good luck.

Finally fully finished TASK 17- DONE

task 20: Done here is my list. I included 6 because one I plan on using as a mask.

KME_Buttercup_Emb_Border_Vine,KME_Buttercup_Emb_Frame_Slide,KME_Buttercup_Emb_Frame_DbleSlide,KME_Buttercup_Emb_Butterfly3,

KME_Buttercup_Emb_Matte_Flower,KME_Buttercup_Emb_Clip_Bark

Task 18

I'm using several photographs taken in the snow recently and will need to crop most of the images. Several of them look over exposed so I have duplicated the image layer and done a multiply blend. I have also changed the levels and then cropped them. The attached picture is my daughter's first go on a sledge.

January 24 - TASK 17

Completed ~ I unzip my photos from my memory card using copy to computer using Wizard & then name place them in their different categories for an example ~ Socks (Showing photos of our cat) ~ Family (recent photos from our family in Orange... my brother, wife & 4 children whom you've met in my layouts!) ~ Sydney Harbour Yachts (showing photos of different times we've been riding the ferries taking photos of the graceful yachts on Sydney Harbour etc)... then I know exactly where they are... some are stored on my of my EHD... I'm still updating my EHD's thanks to JJ :thanks:

I've tried to use the color swatch tool for a year or so, and never mastered it. It is a lot of trouble.

I either go to one of the color sites on the web to make a color swatch or make my own by opening a new document, make three or more little squares with PSE tools, like rectangles or shapes, then use your color pick and bucket tools to fill them. Similar to Marilyn's idea. Once you make your color squares, save it as a template, then just refill the colors.

Good luck.

Thanks so much Jenrou... I'll try this out... I didn't see the other post will have look thanks... I'll keep you posted :thanks:

January 29 - TASK 21

Complete your layout using the photos from Task #18, the Word Art from Task #19 and the Embellishments required in Task #20.

Requirement: Upload your layout to the Jumpstart January 2013 Gallery and share the link in this thread. Include the link in your month-end document.

SPEEDBUMP

I actually just ran a backup yesterday. I use 2 hard drives to keep my personal & my business scrapping items separate. I back both up to one 2T hard drive that I don't keep connected unless I am backing up. I plan to start backing up to an online service sometime this year.

TASK 10

I haven't done this, after messing around with it a bit I think it's pretty cool!

digitally pinch ribbon

You pull a ribbon into a blank canvas or onto your LO & depending on your program (I use PSE), you follow the appropriate path to "liquify". Use the warp option to brush the ribbon in towards its center on either side until it looks pinched at the place you intend to hang a charm.

Archived