Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speedbump:

I back my supplies to an EHD, and copy them to an additional EHD. When my DVD drive works-I copy them to DVD's. I do this when I buy supplies, and check them when organizing often. I may look into online backups. Any other scrap related stuff like Zips, projects, and old supplies from long ago goes onto an additional EHD.

January 11 - SPEEDBUMP

Nearly completed as I am copying ALL my photo's & scrap kits onto my EHD's & it takes time but I will keep perserving - thanks to January Jumpstart & Tiza :disappearing-smilie:

(NEWS ~ Brought my Mother home yesterday from hospital & she's feeling weak but feeling much better than she was last week - still coughing up mucus, so please keep us in your prayers as... my B.P. went up as well because of the stress... so we're resting today as much as we can...)

January 15 - TASK 11

Choose a color scheme for your layout or hybrid item. You may use Syndee's Color Swatch Action, create your own swatch, or use a color palette included with a collection.

Requirement: Post a swatch or link to a collection that uses the colors in this thread. See the guidelines for posting images in Task #3.

Task #9 and 10# done.

I am making a mini star album from this tutorial. I am using this to produce a mini album of my Project SG 2012 LOs. I have had to change the dimensions of the album pages, making a long, thin book which will allow 2 x 3in square LOs to be placed one above the other on each page.

January 11 = Speedbump

I tried using an online service to back up my files but got so frustrated with how long it took. I don’t like leaving my computer on while I’m not here, particularly in the storm season. So now I just back up to an external hard drive but I’m going back to the off-line one because I know I should!

Task 10:

I learned about ScrapGirl Scrapsimple Templates, just the intro to them...and then I read a few more.

I just got the January ScrapSimple club so this was PERFECT. I used the templates from the January ScrapSimple set and started with just Magic Wand and Fill Selection. But then I tried doing it with fill layer and clipping it. I did some texturizing but actually like the papers I did without it. It was so much fun to "make my own" paper to fit my colors! I am really excited to do more with the template I will get through the ScrapSimple Club so versatile and FUN.

Task 9 -- COMPLETE

I chose Theresa's tutorial on Matchbook Christmas Album because I wanted to try making the matchbook albums.

Task 10 -- COMPLETE

Here is the link to the blog tutorial I chose:

Matchbook Christmas Album

I spent time reading the directions, and experimented with different ways to make my book and chose photos. I decided to print two separate sheets of regular paper and glue them together rather then two-sided cardstock printing as Staples was having a 39 cent sale on color copies.

Task 11 -- COMPLETE

Here is the colors I am using in my book - the ones from the collection included in the kit. I made my own color swatch in PSE. I hope that is ok.

Task 9 -- COMPLETE

I chose Theresa's tutorial on Matchbook Christmas Album because I wanted to try making the matchbook albums.

Task 10 -- COMPLETE

Here is the link to the blog tutorial I chose:

Matchbook Christmas Album

I spent time reading the directions, and experimented with different ways to make my book and chose photos. I decided to print two separate sheets of regular paper and glue them together rather then two-sided cardstock printing as Staples was having a 39 cent sale on color copies.

Task 11 -- COMPLETE

Here is the colors I am using in my book - the ones from the collection included in the kit. I made my own color swatch in PSE. I hope that is ok.

January 15 - TASK 11

Choose a color scheme for your layout or hybrid item. You may use Syndee's Color Swatch Action, create your own swatch, or use a color palette included with a collection.

Requirement: Post a swatch or link to a collection that uses the colors in this thread. See the guidelines for posting images in Task #3.

Valerie - my color scheme will simply be black and white. (When you see the photo, you will understand why.) Not quite sure how to handle posting this task. Should I just make a black and white color swatch?

Task #9

I'd like to learn more about layer masks...April Martell's Layer Masks - A Quick Way to Trim Papers and Non-Destructive Use of Brushes with a Layer Mask both teach about layer masks. I'd like to use this technique but I'm stuck on the instructions since they're both done in Photoshop CS2 or CS6.

if you'd like to read the post please go here Essentially I can't find a layer mask icon comparable to the one they reference in their editing program. I use PSE7.

January 15 - TASK 11

Valerie - my color scheme will simply be black and white. (When you see the photo, you will understand why.) Not quite sure how to handle posting this task. Should I just make a black and white color swatch?

To get credit you need to post something. It can be very simple, just black and white if need be.

January 15 - TASK 11

Choose a color scheme for your layout or hybrid item. You may use Syndee's Color Swatch Action, create your own swatch, or use a color palette included with a collection.Requirement: Post a swatch or link to a collection that uses the colors in this thread. See the guidelines for posting images in Task #3.

Hi Valerie,

I don't know what happened but I answered this earlier... I now have Syndee's Color Swatch Action... I will try using it on my Friday 18th since I've got a Dr's appointment tomorrow Thursday... I might need help as I haven't used Actions or Brushes :(

January 16 - TASK 12

Create a layout or hybrid item using techniques you learned in Task 10 and the color scheme you chose in Task 11.

Requirement: Upload your layout to the Jumpstart January 2013 Gallery and share the link in this thread. Include the link in your month-end document.

January 16 - TASK 12

Create a layout or hybrid item using techniques you learned in Task 10 and the color scheme you chose in Task 11.

Requirement: Upload your layout to the Jumpstart January 2013 Gallery and share the link in this thread. Include the link in your month-end document.

Well, I'm working on this - since I chose a hybrid craft tutorial, I not only have to make a layout, but the craft too. It's fun, but not so sure that was my smartest idea....

January 15 - TASK 11

To get credit you need to post something. It can be very simple, just black and white if need be.

Thanks Valerie. Will do.

Archived