Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

Task 2: I own quite a few items I haven't used yet. I have been stock piling goodies and have decided this year I am getting serious about having fun with digital scrapping. I just bought a few collections I am excited to try -

JRE Messenger Collection Biggie - I want to create the interactive digital bulletin board from the newsletter

DCA I Love My Dog- I have soooo many photos of my pup to scrap

SG 12Day2012Tag - I want to be prepared for next holiday season :-)

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January 1 - TASK 1

Are your scrapbooking products all unzipped and organized? Spend some time organizing your digital scrapbooking supplies.

Requirement: Post to this thread sharing your basic organizational method with us.

Task #1

I keep monthly folders for Freebie downloads and separate folders for Purchased downloads. As these are unzipped, I place them according to categories in my awesome 0_Scrapgirls folder. (The number in front places it foremost in my folders list.) In addition to the usual categories, I’ve gone back to add a Collections folder. This has the sheets from the various Collections so I can remember what all I have tucked away, especially since the items are already coordinated. I added a similar Collection folder under Styles which contains thumbnails of the styles, and one under Actions, as well as a Collection folder containing alpha sheets under Alphas. It was a challenge to go back and find the thumbnail shots for retired items, but I found most of them archived elsewhere online.

I spent time organizing right before reading about Jumpstart. This is a great way to start 2013!

January 2 - TASK 2

Make a list of current Scrap Girls products you own and love but just haven't used yet. If you've used all the current products you own, look for 3 products in the ScrapGirls Boutique that you'd like to own.

Requirement: Post links to the 3 products in this thread.

Task #2

Not yet used:

ASO_SS_Craft_MintTin2

http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-craft-templates-mint-tin-2-p12700.php

KVE_SSTyle_Intaglio_7601

http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-tools-styles-intaglio-biggie-7601-p16800.php

SNU_SSEmb_4x6BoldCalendar

http://store.scrapgirls.com/scrapsimple-embellishment-templates-4x6-bold-calendars-p26968.php

The Mint Tins are a great container to keep Civil Air Patrol ribbons and badges in, when not on the uniform.

I plan to make family pages using Intaglio papers, etc. and purchased this style with that project in mind.

I've not tried any calendars before, so this will be a totally new area for me.

January 3 - TASK 3

Look through your photos and find one or more you can use with the products identified in Task # 2.

Requirement: Post photo in this game thread. You can choose more than one photo, but you only need to post one in this thread.

How to post an image in your reply:

1. Size your photo at 72 pixels per inch and no larger than 600 pix wide.

2. Choose either "Add Reply" or "Use Full Editor"

3. Click on "Browse"; find your re-sized photo on your computer and click "open."

4. Click on the purple "Attach This File" Button. When it is uploaded, you'll see it listed with a small thumbnail in the Attachments dialogue.

5. Click on "Add to Post" located at the far right side of the image.

6. An attachment link will show in your post. Your photo will show up after you complete your reply by clicking the "Add Reply" button.

Hi Jemima ~ Marilyn answered your question: "Jemima if you look at page 1 of this thread and April's instructions you will see she explains this:"Create a single email draft or word document to be sent at the end of the month with various task requirements included. Label each task in your email with "TASK #..." so you get credit for the correct tasks. ONLY tasks that specify emailing should be included. We will keep track of those that require posting in this thread throughout the month."I usually create a new WORD document and add the links or whatever is required to be on this page to be emailed at the end of the month.Does that help? "

Thanks so much Lena & sorry Marilyn for not seeing your post... I've been reading them ALL for a change as they've been so helpful & I'm getting organized :disappearing-smilie:

Task #3- Photo of Tess

Great photo Terry of Tess - can't wait to see this scrapped + a BIG WELCOME to SG :happy-sun:

Plus a BIG WELCOME to Mlady Di ~ Great to see more ladies coming to SG :gathering:

Task #3- Photo of Tess

Great photo Terry of Tess - can't wait to see this scrapped + a BIG WELCOME to SG :happy-sun:/>/>/>/>/>

Plus a BIG WELCOME to Mlady Di ~ Great to see more ladies coming to SG :gathering:/>/>/>/>/>

Thanks for the Welcome. Technically, I joined in 2007, (required driving to town to use library Internet). I mostly designed letter-sized LOs for my homeschool group's yearbook.

With a change in Internet options, now I've been able to get up to speed. :dancingstickman:/>/>/>

I've only recently started participating in SG activities, so I feel my experience level is still Newbie.

Movember was my first post to the Gallery. Patriotic May is my second post.

http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/139561-patriotic-may/

Task #4

I'm finally done; Beth's first certificate. I thought it was going to be easy using the Charisma collection I'd listed because it had purple like my daughter's leotard, but maybe it was the wrong purple because it didn't work. I found it very difficult to get this layout right and have now 'tried' most of my new collections and in the end used 5 new products (I've had 2 so long they've been retired!)

TASK 1

Ok, I'm starting way behind, but I'll give it a try. I spent some time today organizing my supplies - only a few hundred zip files to go.

First, I download my purchases into my download folder. I leave them there until they are filed, then delete that copy. I have carbonite backup, so I don't have any other backup. Although, I am thinking I should move all my supplies to an EHD since my hard drive is getting kind of full.

I use Ro's system, with different folders for papers, embellishments, etc, plus a few categories of my own. For example, I pulled a lot of holiday stuff into their own folders, things like ornaments or fireworks that will really only be used for that holiday.

My software is ACDSee, although it's hard to search on a filename if I forget to tag. For searching on the filename, I usually just use the windows 7 search.

Task 2

I don't think I could list all the supplies I've loved and bought but never used.

Recently, I bought Brandy Murray's Bon Apetite (which I could have sworn I already had, but so far, it hasn't turned up).

I also bought her Autumn Jewel collection which I've been promising myself I'd get first pay check after Christmas.

One of my oldest unopened supplies is Fiona by Durin Eberhart. It has such beautiful colors. (sorry, retired, I think)

How about Vista Montana, also by Durin, which has also been hanging around for quite awhile.

Jan 4 - TASK #4

Here is my link: Beloved Father @ http://scrapgirls.net/forum/gallery/image/139594-beloved-father/ ~ to the Jumpstart Gallery. (This is Pg.1 of my Beloved Father, Pg.2 in the process using the same two unused kits!)

Two new products that I hadn't used before were:

January_12th of Never_Scrap Girls Club_January 2013 - Love it!

http://store.scrapgirls.com/1-scrap-girls-club-monthly-billing-cycle-p439.php

Amanda Fraijo-Tobin - Fatherly Collection Biggie

http://store.scrapgirls.com/p15885.php

Archived