Jumpstart January 2013

April Showers

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Task 6,7, and 8 done. Here's my layout...would've much preferred to leave journaling out of it...had it all ready to go and forgot about that component, so I had to find a way to incorporate that. I'm going to call it "meaningful" journaling because it explains the concept of the one man band...I know it's not heartfelt or particularly nostalgic, but it's all I could offer for this layout.

I scraplifted Laurel Lakey's Stars Were Gleaming Brush Set Layout and used my new found knowlegde about blending from Brandy Murry's Breaking Down the Layout – Blending Tutorial Video.

January 9 - TASK 7

Will do this as soon as I can...

January 10 - TASK 8

I'll be back with my scraplifted layout, photo & journaling - ASAP

PS - Mother's in hospital so I don't know when I'll get back but I will achieve these two tasks ASAP - just to keep you updated :disappearing-smilie:

January 11 - SPEEDBUMP

Check your back-ups! Even if you use an online service or scheduled software for your back-ups, it is a good idea to check and make sure they are running as you have them set up.

Requirement: Post in the game thread when you are done. Briefly share your back-up system.

SPEEDBUMP - COMPLETE

I use Time Machine with an EHD but with all going on in my life lately, haven't backed up in too long. So, I went looking for my EHD, couldn't find it, located it, backed up and now am safe..

Thanks Jumpstart January and Tiza.

SPEEDBUMP - COMPLETE

I use Time Machine with an EHD but with all going on in my life lately, haven't backed up in too long. So, I went looking for my EHD, couldn't find it, located it, backed up and now am safe..

Thanks Jumpstart January and Tiza.

Glad you found it!!

Speed Bump - 1/11

I'm not consistent at all, but I have my photos almost all backed up to DVDs. It's time to burn some more, and I need to back up my scrap products. I'm very, very bad about that. They are all on a 1TB EHD.

Task 8 completed

Here is my layout Walking

I scraplifted Tinkerbell11 Soccer layout. Loved the design. Orginally thought it would work great for my kids basketball pictures but this worked out too.

January 11: Speed Bump

I backup to an Seagate external file using the program for the drive from seagate. It basically makes a copy of my harddrive to the external drive. I can have it copy just my important files like my scrapbooking.

January 11 SPEEDBUMP I put all of my photos and scrapping supplies on an external hard drive, which also gets backed up online through Backblaze (when it's connected to my desktop). I chose them because they'll back up my desktop as well as my EHD. I use my EHD to go back and forth between my desktop and my laptop (I scrap on both). I did alot on my laptop yesterday so I'm gonna sign off to go hook the EHD up to the desktop and manually run Backblaze so I know it's all there. Thanks ScrapGirls!

Speedbump January 11 - I save all of my current pictures to an EHD once I am through scrapping them (which sometimes takes awhile!) I have all of my scrapping supplies on my hard drive, plus backed up on another EHD. Plus I back everything up using BackBlaze.

January 11 - SPEEDBUMP

I diligently backup my files to 2 EHD's as well as BackBlaze once a week, sometimes twice. I use 2 desktops and 1 laptop so using EHD's and BackBlaze to stay synced has been quite successful. Backups are done for the week.

Archived