lori92760

Windows 7 And Unzipping

7 posts in this topic

i used to be able to open a zipped file to see what was in it and then select med icon for the view, so i could see the picture of what in there and then say select all the buttons at once and put them in the button file, then select all the ribbons and put them in the ribbon file, all the red paper to the red paper file, etc. now i cannot see the preview unless i click on each one, then extract that to where it should go. this is too time consuming. i am sure i messed with something unknowingly, but i dont know how to fix it. any ideas.

I don't know, but I sure would like to. I've never been able see previews before I extract the files. I'll follow this and see what others say. Thanks for asking.

Me too Monica :)

I always extract them before I move them. I use Extract Now which is a free little piece of software that lets you drag and drop all your zipped folders into it. Click the extract button and it unzips them all. It is fast and easy. I've heard you'll need to uncheck some of the default settings (that would add things you don't need to your computer) in the newer versions, but I still use the one I got years ago.

I use Extract Now for unzipping, but I have a program called Mystic Thumbs that gives me a preview of PSDs and folder contents even when they are zipped.

rose,

do i understand correctly that you can see your scrapgirls zipped file content before unzipping with mystic thumbs?

No I think you have to unzip them first...at least that's what I do...I use Extract Now and Mystic Thumbs allows you to view the PSD files without opening them up in PS or PSE.