Hello

scrapfan

Hello everyone. I live in Ireland. I've been a member of scrap girls but haven't really posted. I bought a lot of frames - Forest Frames; Curled Frames; Sliced and Diced, which don't work as frames once I've downloaded them. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks! Kathy

Welcome to Scrap Girls.

In regards to your question, can you tell us which program you use. We'll be able to give you a more specific answer. Generally you need to place your photo under the frame and then resize or crop the photo to suit, there are some that work differently.

Thanks everyone! I'm using Seriff CraftArtist.

Yes, Shannon, they are layered files, but I don't know how to use them. The "clipping mask" sounds complicated!

Usually I can make a frame by cutting a hole in the middle, but it doesn't work with these frames - especially not the "forest frames" because there isn't a solid border around the whole frame. The frames download as a picture, or an embellishment, not a frame.

I'll look at the e-book and see if there's a solution there. thanks!

Hi, Kathy! Welcome to Scrap Girls! We're so glad you joined in!

Many Scrap Girl products contain both layered .psd files and the individual .png files. You should be able to find the .png file that is the actual frame layer and just use it if your program doesn't allow you to use .psd files.

Keep asking away, though!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived