Saving To Jpg For Posting To Gallery

LauraYB

In Photoshop CS2, my antiqued brown corners change to ugly gray when saving from PSD to a JPG for upload to gallery. What is happening? How do I preserve the color in the Gallery JPG?

Last layers is a paper, then next layer is AFT_BrushSet_Essen_GrungyCrnr_5 (merged layers into one) and then remaining embellishments.

Thank you!

My guess is you're working in something other than RGB. In CS5 (so you might have to look around a bit in CS2), under Image --> Mode --> Choose RGB. If all of you papers, etc. are smart objects, they should convert just fine. Then save for web and your colors should be okay. HTH

My guess is you're working in something other than RGB. In CS5 (so you might have to look around a bit in CS2), under Image --> Mode --> Choose RGB. If all of you papers, etc. are smart objects, they should convert just fine. Then save for web and your colors should be okay. HTH
Your response is so appreciated. I verified that I'm in RGB, 16 bits/channel. Saving for WEB. Discovered that I'm losing the applied STYLE called DEB_SSTools_Styles_Aged Metals 5001 Rust. Have grouped with paper and corner brushes as a smart object.<BR><BR>Other suggestions welcome.

I use PSE9, so not sure how this translates ... After you apply the style, and then just before saving the entire image, what about merging those two layers (the style and the layer it's applied to) and then using "simplify layer" on that one layer? Then save your image for posting.

My guess is you're working in something other than RGB. In CS5 (so you might have to look around a bit in CS2), under Image Mode ; Choose RGB. If all of you papers, etc. are smart objects, they should convert just fine. Then save for web and your colors should be okay. HTH
Your response is so appreciated. I verified that I'm in RGB, 16 bits/channel. Saving for WEB. Discovered that I'm losing the applied STYLE called DEB_SSTools_Styles_Aged Metals 5001 Rust. Have grouped with paper and corner brushes as a smart object. Other suggestions welcome.

Try 8 bits per channel and see if that helps.

I had something similar happen and it was totally unrelated to the bits per channel.

Try (on a duplicate of the layer) simplifying the style (in CS2 you'll need to create a new layer and merge it with the layer with the style applied to it). When I simplified the style, it got all ugly looking - the same as when I saved it as a jpeg. sad.gif It was a different style than the one you're using. This happened several months ago, so I'll have to think about it for a while to remember how I solved it.

Archived