Can Payments Be Made With Visa Debit Cards?

Monika13

I already sent a message to the support but wanted to check here as well, maybe some of you have encountered this before...

Usually I pay wiht paypal so it was not an issue before but today I wanted to take advantage of the promotion on the monthly club subscription. I proceeded to pay with Visa debit card which can be used as a credit card but transaction was denied. There is nothing wrong with the card since I used it early today and I used is as Credit Card. So I was wondering if Scrap Girls only accepts "real" credit cards, not linked to a checking account?

Thanks,

Monica, please do let us know what Angie says. I would think this might limit people if only true credit cards can only be used and not debit cards.

You can use paypal and debit cards for regular purchases, but you need to use a regular credit card for the clubs because it is a subscription.

Monica, please do let us know what Angie says. I would think this might limit people if only true credit cards can only be used and not debit cards.

You can use paypal and debit cards for regular purchases, but you need to use a regular credit card for the clubs because it is a subscription.

April,

I very often use my debit card as a credit card (I do not enter a pin) but I assume PNC check card won't work? I will try entering regular credit card.

April,

I very often use my debit card as a credit card (I do not enter a pin) but I assume PNC check card won't work? I will try entering regular credit card.

I just noticed you are in VA. I'm in the Richmond area outside the city.

I also have always used my debit/credit card for the monthly clubs and have never had a problem. I keep it on file as a regular credit card and I don't use it through PayPal, as that is when you will run into problems with the monthly clubs.

That's itneresting that some of you are able to use debit/credit card for subscriptions. Maybe it's something to do with my bank PNC. It happened to me with another vender awhile back where for the life of me he couldn't put the card through.

April,

I just noticed you are in VA. I'm in the Richmond area outside the city.

We just moved to Virginia from Illnois in August 2011. I'm about 30 miles north of Washington D.C.

Archived