• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Barbz

Barbz

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Personal Statement:I love scrapping and can use all the help I can get!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

:hit-head-with-hammer: I bought the perpetual editable snazzy, painted and clipboard calendars..I can't figure out how to use...can anyone help? thank you in advance
Barb
With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Psalm 3:1
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 April Showers

April Showers

Boutique Diva

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,436 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

First, I'd suggest you get the free Scrap Girls ScrapSimple Instructions Handbook eBook if you don't already have it. It has a lot of helpful tips and techniques for using ScrapSimple products.

Generally, you will open the psd file for the page you want to use and add papers and photos above the corresponding layers in the psd. I haven't used those particular calendars, so I can't give you more specific instructions. Let us know what software you're using and what part you're stuck on and we can give you better direction.

gallery_5375_358_11104.pngMy Gallery I scrap with Photoshop CS6.

Scrap10-Blinkie.gif

SGblinkie.gifButton_Layout.pngSG-10thAnniversary-Blinkie.gifButton_Welcome_Mgr.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif

#3 Nica

Nica

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Creative Team
  • 4,448 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Hi, Barb! I don't think I've had a chance to say Welcome to Scrap Girls! I don't have that particular set of calendars, but looking at them, I'm pretty sure April is right. There should be multiple layers to the individual file (or you'll have to use the PNGs to create your own layers if you're not using PS or PSE). Then you place your papers and embellishments above the corresponding layer and clip them together. Again, please let us know what software you are using and where you are confused, and we can be more helpful.

gallery_18472_66_10768.jpg

Monica

SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

#4 Barbz

Barbz

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Personal Statement:I love scrapping and can use all the help I can get!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I am using pse 10 on a mac...so I use the psd file and not png? It's so confusing..I have other calendars by scrap girls but this one is tricky for me anyway..thanks for the help I will try it..and I am supposed to make a copy first right? so I don't overwrite the file
With my voice I cry to the Lord, and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Psalm 3:1
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 jenrou

jenrou

• Members
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I always have problems with calendars. Make a copy of your supplies unless you use the PLACE feature. It copies one piece at a time, names it on the layer. I use it all the time. It is found under FILE in PSE.
It does only work with one piece at a time, but that's ok with me. It places it where it should go usually.
Welcome to Scrapgirls!

gallery_17266_66_4077.pngBLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif   

#6 Nica

Nica

• Creative Team
  • 4,448 posts
  • Personal Statement:Love God
    Love Others
    Offer Hope

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

I am using pse 10 on a mac...so I use the psd file and not png? It's so confusing..I have other calendars by scrap girls but this one is tricky for me anyway..thanks for the help I will try it..and I am supposed to make a copy first right? so I don't overwrite the file

Sounds like you've got the right idea. Yes, used the PSD file if you can, then you don't have to figure the order to the individual layers yourself. Yes, very definitely make a copy so you can use the template again. Keep asking questions! Good Luck.

gallery_18472_66_10768.jpg

Monica

SG_BB_LoveThis.pngButton_Welcome.pngButton_Layout.png      

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users