Oldie But Mostly New

Lynn M

Hi, I'm Lynn. I used to post on here but I thought there was a section for paper scrappers, but my memory is faulty so I can't trust that. Maybe I should put this out at the start so I don't have to explain often. I had a stroke in '08 and have trouble with my memory, my comprehention, spelling, and using most of my right side. I appreciate all those who helped me with the picture I was working on, and those that have greeted me, I can't possibly remember who, heck, I often can't remember how to do a step I just did. I seem to have forgotten how to scrap digitaly so I'm just a begginer. I do have a few questions.... how do you print 12z12 layouts with a regular printer, and is there we can post not just layouts but photos and homemade cards. I'm slow, have to 1 finger to type. Lynn

Welcome back Lynn! We do have a section for General Paper Scrapping. I post photos of my hybrid projects all the time. You can post your cards in the Printable and Digital Cards Gallery.

As for printing 12X12 layouts at home, I reduce my layout size to 8X8 and print them at that size. I either put them in 8X8 albums or use a 12X12 paper to mat it.

Have fun relearning!

Welcome Back Lynn! I print 8 x 8's at home but 12 x 12's at Costco. Most of the large ones I frame and put on the walls. My books are all 8 x 8 or 8.5 x 11.

Don't be shy about asking questions. We are here to help. :)

Welcome back, Lynn.

I still feel like a beginner after several years, but I enjoy Scrapgirls so much. I thought there was a paper scrapping thread also, but if not, a lot of people do Hybrid things now with papers and craft materials. I resize my 12 x 12 layouts to 8x8 or print them at Costco. I've been doing some 5x7 challenges lately since Costco prints them for around 60 cents.

I seem to live not far from you, in Henrico County.VA.

Hi Lynn and welcome back! Carla has given you some great advice and like her and Amy, I print my layouts at 8x8. Don't hesitate to post questions - we are happy to help. We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums. :)

Wow! I found it easily this time. And thank you all so much for all the great ideas. I print a lot of stuff. Anna, your tutorial helped a great deal. And jenrou, yes!!I'm about 10 minutes from you, depending where you are in Henricho

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lynn - Welcome Back! I'm so impressed by you overcoming your stroke and starting up digitally scrapping again. We are all here to help if you need it.

Thanks so much. I seem to have forgotten most I knew about digital, I am more used to using paper and such, but I don't have much control over my right hand and I have lots of trouble holding things in place so I thought digital would be easier for me but I also have enormous (sp) memory problems, along with spelling and numbers. I know I've done digital before, I saved some of the freebies and made some pages, I just seem to have forgotten how to do it. But I'm hanging in there, and I have decided to switch to 8 inch pages like someone suggested. Thanks again for the welcome, this is the friendliest group I've ever been in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived