Looking Forward To Meeting You..

Spudger

Hi my name is Sharon and I am a newbie, plucking up the courage to introduce myself to many talented artists. I have found this site truly inspirational and have managed to cobble together a year book (2012) which included some scrapbooking techniques/pages/embellishments, but would like to take it further and hopefully the next yearbook will be far better. My husband and I have completely changed our lives around last year which is why I started the book, as we have had a tumultuous time over the past 5 years (illness, loss etc), so a complete change was called for, we gave up our stressful jobs and home in Sussex and started as assistant wardens with the caravan club. We are absolutely loving our new life and live in our caravan with our cat (Keltie)for 10 months of the year. Last year we stayed in Devon during the summer,and have spent Christmas and New Year in North Yorkshire.

Now I do have a couple of questions which I would love answers to... What are zoom pages and how/why do you use them? Also something to do with glitter ?? how do you use these? I am thinking of getting the countryside collection and follow the theme through the year, but when I looked at the inspirational ideas and supply lists it states that the artist used zoom pages/glitter... Could anyone help please?

Thank you

Sharon

Hi Sharon, welcome to Scrap Girls. I live in South Yorkshire, and grew up just outside Brighton.

Your questions.

Glitter - the layouts you would have seen would have used a glitter "style". This is an addition you can buy for Photoshop or PSE, they won't work in other programs. If you look in the boutique under "Sortware Plugins" there is a section for styles.

Zoom - AYO Zoom pages are mini collections, they usually have at least two papers, and quite a few embellishments and word art. They often match or compliment a collection. If you search the store for "countryside", all matching products will be shown along with the AYO Zoom.

If you need anymore help, just ask, there is normally someone who will know the answer.

Welcome, Sharon! So glad you've taken the time to introduce yourself. It looks like Valerie answered your questions, for now, but when you have more (and you will) there are many people here who are glad to help. What is a warden? Here in the US, it usually has to do with prisons and I know that's not what you mean. Do your caravans travel, since it is a club? It sounds intriguing. Welcome again, I look forward to seeing you around the forums and gallery.

Welcome Sharon - another Brit and another caravaner! Hurray! I live in Colchester. One of my all time favourite Caravan Club sites is the one at Hawes - I'm sure you will know it.

this is the firendliest purple place - hope to see you around a lot in the gallery and on the forums.

Hilary

Oh thank you all for your kind welcome. Thanks in particular to Valerie for your answers to my queries. Hilary in answer to your query, the site in Hawes is called Brown Moor and that is the one we are working on at the moment, you're absolutely right it is gorgeous. We have been working here since October last year and unfortunately we are leaving here on Sunday to go to Wales, where we will be working at Tredegar House CC Site. If you are down that way during the season please let me know, good to know there are fellow campers around. The lifestyle gives itself to scrapbooking totally, as we see so many fabulous places.

Aggie B. - a warden over here in the UK (can also be a prison warden -but we arent any of them) we look after the members of the caravan club on a site, its a great life (as long as you dont weaken!!!) and we get to see the whole of the UK without having to pay enormous sums of money to do so, it is very social and a lot of hard work. But hey, nothing is for nothing.....

Thank you all for making me so welcome. I will try and post a newbie type page here soon of the area around here. There is no way it will be anywhere near good enough but I promise I will learn and try to learn fast....

PS I love your avatars too -

Sharon

Hi, Sharon! Welcome to Scrap Girls. I'm so glad that you've been brave enough to join us. Trust me, if you look back through any of our galleries, you'll find plenty of newbie layouts. Everyone was new at some point. :disappearing-smilie: As for wardens, in the US, most campgrounds call them hosts. My dad and his wife are hosts in the South at various campgrounds all year round.

Also, I'm assuming by avatar, you mean our signatures under our replies. Here is a thread that talks about how to create and post a siggy. You would want to use the Message Board Signatures Gallery instead of the Anniversary 2012 Gallery, but everything else is the same.

Welcome Sharon. So happy you have found us. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need to as there will always be a wonderful person around to answer you. My hubby is from Birmingham and his folks are from Cardiff Wales so we know a bit about the UK :)

Once again thank you all for your warm welcome. I will have a look at the thread for the siggy's. We are off tomorrow for North Yorkshire and travelling to Mid Wales. Not sure what the internet connection will be there as last time we were there it was almost non existent. So I maybe a little time.

Ahhhh Monica... hosts sounds so much better than wardens....

sharon xx

whoops, just realised I have added the avatar and the siggie around the wrong way.... and now run out of time. We are going out this evening to say goodbye to all the friends we have made in Hawes. Hubby giving me those looks.... help!!!! will try and sort it out if able to later on.

Hi Sharon - Welcome to Scrap Girls. I love your story about quitting your stressful jobs to live on the road, so to speak. My husband and I did the same thing in 2010. I hope when you settle in to your new hosting position you have good new internet access and can tell and show us all your adventures.

Archived