January 2013 Recipe Swap

April Showers

It is time for our monthly Recipe Swap Challenge! January is a great time for comfort food, so this month we'll be scrapping and swapping our Slow Cooker Recipes. One can never have too many of these easy recipes. I like to use my slow-cooker when there are chats close to the dinner hour. Post your finished Recipes in the Recipe Swap Gallery.

I'm looking forward to collecting more fabulous slow cooker recipes!

• To participate in the Recipe Swap, please email your 4"x6" high resolution (300 dpi saved a high quality) Recipe Card to sgaprilshowers@gmail.com by 9 am ET Monday, January 28th .
  • It is easiest for me if you use your name or user name + the Recipe name (AprilShowers_PulledPork) as the file name on your recipe.
  • You are welcome to submit more than one recipe.
  • After I have compiled the recipes, you will receive a link to download the recipe cards from all our participants. You must send in a card to get the link!

Oh, I love Slow Cooker Recipes - it's funny you should post this swap today because I am making one of our favorites this weekend in my slow cooker! I'll make a card in a bit!

Mmmm...perfect timing! I'm trying very hard to remember to use my slow-cooker on Saturdays. We've started attending the evening church service, which doesn't leave me much time to actually cook, but I don't have many slow-cooker recipes to work from.

I just got back from the grocery store with all of the stuff for my crock pot recipe! Tomorrow I'll have to pay attention to what I'm doing so I can do my card cause I honestly just make this from my head! Maybe that's why it turns out a little different every time! :)

I'm making an easy Brunswick Stew!

LOVE my slow cooker!! Most of my slow cooker recipes are in my head however....I'll work on this...

That's where I keep mine too, Conda! You should have seen me this morning trying to write down "amounts" when I was chopping and putting things in my crockpot! I'm working on it!

I'm having issues with my settings in my applications - they have all corrupted somehow and I have had lots of problems getting my ATCs sized and to the correct resolution - Theresa had to resize my ATCs for me when I emailed them to her so I'm going to have to pull out of the recipe swap until I get this figured out. Just don't want to cause anyone any more problems. If I get my issue fixed before the deadline I will certainly do my recipe card. :(

LOVE my slow cooker!! Most of my slow cooker recipes are in my head however....I'll work on this...

I have that same problem! I'm finding that with my return to teaching however, that handy bit of the mental file cabinet has gotten crowded out. When I go to cook something, I find myself staring blankly in cupboards. I definitely need to document my mental recipe box. Plus, it will be great to send the boys off in a few years with a nice collection of Mom's recipes.

Archived