January 2013 Recipe Swap

April Showers

I'm still catching up on other things, so I haven't gotten to them yet.

But the acupuncture worked and Thomas is not in pain. His teachers are all working with him to finish up as soon as he's better. Finals start tomorrow and he has only been to school a few days (only 1 full day) the last month.

Loved the recipes, everyone! So many yummy wholesome meal ideas!

I feel very foolish here. I guess I must have sent April the wrong card. Sorry about that. I don't usually make my chicken tetrazini in the slow cooker--but maybe I'll give a it a try. The slow cooker lasagne recipe looked good, so it might work. :giggle_bear:

Loved the recipes, everyone! So many yummy wholesome meal ideas!

I feel very foolish here. I guess I must have sent April the wrong card. Sorry about that. I don't usually make my chicken tetrazini in the slow cooker--but maybe I'll give a it a try. The slow cooker lasagne recipe looked good, so it might work. giggle_bear.gif

I usually check them, sorry I didn't this time. If you want to send me the correct one, I can add it to the drop box and the participants can grab it from there.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been drooling over all the slow cooker recipes in the gallery and have decided that I must join you all in the February swap (kicking myself that

I missed out on the slow cooker ones!!)

I have a question for you - I live in the UK and our measurements are all in grams and kilos now. I can convert lbs and oz easily enough, but how big is a cup?

Some of your ingredients are unknown to me - guess I'll have to improvise, lol!

Hi Jan!

1 cup is 8 ounces, but dry ingredients are a bit trickier. I use a digital scale and just switch between ounces and grams. I think there are some good conversion charts online. I'll be posting the February swap later this week. I don't have my master list for 2013, so I'll take suggestions. I usually do soups, but about half of the slow cooker recipes last month were soups. I'm thinking one dish meals like casseroles or skillets would be good. Glad you'll be joining us!

Hi Jan!

1 cup is 8 ounces, but dry ingredients are a bit trickier. I use a digital scale and just switch between ounces and grams. I think there are some good conversion charts online. I'll be posting the February swap later this week. I don't have my master list for 2013, so I'll take suggestions. I usually do soups, but about half of the slow cooker recipes last month were soups. I'm thinking one dish meals like casseroles or skillets would be good. Glad you'll be joining us!

Thanks April. So if I measure out 8 fluid oz and find a cup of that size I can use it for dried goods - great, thanks!

Hehe! If I do two recipes can I have last months recipes too(she says, tongue in cheek!)

Archived