How To Make Signatures?

Monika13

I noticed many of you have very cute singatures attached to your posts. I would like to make one for myself but I'm not sure how to create one. What size should they be? Do you create one on a white background or clear? I would appreciate any tips.

Thanks,

Here are the basics:

Max size of custom signature for the Scrap Girls Forum is 225 x 225 pixels.

Make sure your signature fills the whole 225 pixels either horizontally or vertically. If there is a lot of white space around it, it will be really tiny on the message board.

Save your signature as a PNG to allow for transparency. (Not as big of an issue now that the background of the forum is white).

Upload your signature to the Message Board Signatures Gallery.

Once your layout is in the gallery, you add it to your signature:

1. Click on “Share Image” and copy the URL from the ‘Image Link’ box

2. Go to your ‘My Settings’ (top right corner of MB, down-arrow, My Settings)

3. Click on ‘Profile’ in the horizontal purple menu line

4. Click on ‘Change Signature‘ in the vertical left purple menu

5. If you are changing your signature, delete the old one, in the Edit Signature Box.

6. Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the message menu (button looks like a horizon scene)

7. Paste your new URL (Image Link from the Gallery) in the window that pops up.

8. Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the pop-up.

9. Click on ‘Save Changes’ at the bottom of the Edit Signature Box

Thanks for the infomation. I was trying to find that out too.

My question is "Do I need one?"

Hi Ruby, No you do not need a signature. Some of us have one to let everyone know what our real names are since we didn't use them when we registered. Otherwise, they're just pretty things to add if you have the time or inclination. :)

For some reason, maybe my software, I have to copy my actual photo of my signature into the space where it shows up. It won't work with the URL. :unsure:/>/>

Jean, are you sure you are copying/pasting URL from the Image Link box found under the Share Image section of the gallery page?

For some reason, maybe my software, I have to copy my actual photo of my signature into the space where it shows up. It won't work with the URL. :unsure:/>/>/>

Jean, are you sure you are copying/pasting URL from the Image Link box found under the Share Image section of the gallery page?

I tried both places. I've always had problems with linkks, but my pc is put together with baling wire!!:D/>

Here are the basics:

Make sure your signature fills the whole 225 pixels either horizontally or vertically. If there is a lot of white space around it, it will be really tiny on the message board.

Save your signature as a PNG to allow for transparency. (Not as big of an issue now that the background of the forum is white).

5. If you are changing your signature, delete the old one, in the Edit Signature Box.

6. Click on ‘Insert Image’ in the message menu (button looks like a horizon scene)

When you create the siggy in PSE, do you specify size of 225 by 225 pixles right away or do you start out with a different size?

Here are the basics:

When you create the siggy in PSE, do you specify size of 225 by 225 pixles right away or do you start out with a different size?

I usually start with a 3in x 3in 300 dpi transparent background.

When I'm finished creating the siggy, I re-size it to 72 dpi, 225 x 225 pixels and save as a png file, then I upload it to the signature gallery as April mentioned above. I think some people start with a 4in x 4in background. HTH

Archived