Before And After

tinkerbell11

I posted a photo here and would love everyone's opinion on it before I use it in a Layout!

Hello everyone just wondering what you think of my before and after of Ava on Santa's lap, I hated that she was all wiggly and Santa didn't notice and her dress was pulled up and her tights showing. Any suggestions I used the magic want and selected a portion of her dress above his arm and layered it twice along with a layer mask and tried to blend it in .

gallery_10753_92_269560.jpg

Thanks !

Little Miss Ava always makes me smile! I love what you've done with the photo, Shannon! I see what you mean in the first one with that cute little dress all pulled up! Great job! I'd keep the first one too though - it's too cute!

Little Miss Ava always makes me smile! I love what you've done with the photo, Shannon! I see what you mean in the first one with that cute little dress all pulled up! Great job! I'd keep the first one too though - it's too cute!

Do you think it looks realistic or just "odd"? the second one I mean?

Do you think it looks realistic or just "odd"? the second one I mean?

Well, maybe a little unrealistic, Shannon - but I'm a huge fan of those wiggly pics of little ones with their clothes scrunched all up and (in one I have of one of my boys, he was pinching Santa's nose!) I think I like the first one better but you did a good job with the magic wand!

I keep going back looking at the second photo and the more I look at it, the more the bottom part that you worked on really does look like her little dress - really a good job, but........:) I like the first one! :)

I kind of like the first one! She looks like a little mini-elf, all grins and giggles. If she were older, yeah, the dress-up might be not so cute. But on such a little one - it's obvious she's wiggling! Could you do your layout around the theme of wiggles and giggles? ;) She is SO adorable!

I'm with everyone else. The first one is just fine. Not having little girls, I didn't even notice anything in the first picture. Here grin is the focus. Which by the way, I'm impressed that she is smiling. All of mine were screaming in terror at that age. If you still prefer the second one, it looks fine. It's a little blurred, but that just emphasizes the wiggles, which is so appropriate for that grin.

Shannon, I get what you mean about the first photo, although at least she had the tights on! Did you try cropping the photo so it's tighter on the faces and cuts out the bottom all together? Another thought might be to copy the tights and layer them so they are more opaque and maybe her diaper wouldn't stand out so much to you. Finally, maybe aphoto mask or oval frame would pull the focus up more. It is a darling picture, I can't believe she smiled on Santa's lap at such a young age!

Shannon you've done a great job on Ava's frock. We are concentrating on it but I doubt anyone else looking at your photo would even notice. They would be looking at her sweet smile. If you aren't completely happy, I would go with a tighter crop as was suggested. Whichever way it's lovely to get a smile on Santa's knee. Kay

I agree that the first one looks adorable just as it is. But if it really bugs you, and I know how that is, did you think about just taking a picture of the dress and extracting the bottom part and blending it? Don't know how well it would work but it's just a thought I had. . . . .

I didn't even notice tights or dress the first few times I looked. I think she is young enough to get away with the first one - her smile is just delightful! If it bugs you too much, though, which I totally understand, I think that Laurie's idea of taking another photo in her dress is a good idea. With Santa's hands, you shouldn't have to worry about the join at all.

Shannon, your before and after got me thinking about those Santa photos of ours after I had posted here so last night I went digging into old photos! I think I mentioned here that I had one of my son sitting on Santa's lap grabbing Santa's nose - well, I remembered it wrong - it wasn't Santa's nose he was grabbing at all - he had his finger in his own nose! Sigh, that was one Christmas picture I couldn't have Photoshopped! LOL I would use it in a minute these days, but then, it just seemed to ruin the Santa Photos that year. It's black and white and kind of tattered and torn now. I'll have to see if I can salvage it enough to post it!

So Shannon, what did you decide to do?? Personally I thought she was wearing little jeans... I would do what was suggested and make them more opaque... she looks like she is rocking a little denim bottom half! Sweet photo!!

I agree with Jody and Nica - My boy's baby-Santa photos have them in the midst of bloodcurling screams - no, I have not used them in layouts yet due to the fact that they still make my blood pressure rise :) Your photo is darling! Ava is adorable, wiggly and is modeling a bright smile. I get the cute little denim-tights feel too and agree with he idea of multiplying and darkening.

Archived