Dodge And Burn

sanot

How do I go about looking for a past article in a newsletter? Seems to me I remember a tutorial on how to color burn (dodge and burn maybe?) where I could type some journaling and have it burn through a paper by brushing it...am I way off? Would anyone recognize this technique and point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Hi Amy,

What you are describing doesn't sound familiar, and I'm not sure if either of these is what you are looking for but there's an article here: March 2, 2012 NL

and there's also a tutorial here in the University

Maybe someone else will have some better information for you.

Theresa-that's amazing...exactly the article I was trying to remember! How did you find it? Is there a way to search through past newsletters? Thanks so much!

I love to learn new techniques but I find that if I don't use them for awhile I forget about them. In this instance I had tried the technique and saved that paper in my stash, but didn't know how I did it or where to find the article. Thanks again!

Gosh, Theresa - same here. When you said "Maybe someone else will have some better information for you." I thought "Hmmm. I don't think so". You are just the best at finding things and helping so kindly.

Yes, Theresa has that magic touch! Believe me, we are so fortunate that she will take the time. Not so, with some other sites, as I've found out in the past.

Theresa-that's amazing...exactly the article I was trying to remember! How did you find it? Is there a way to search through past newsletters? Thanks so much!

I love to learn new techniques but I find that if I don't use them for awhile I forget about them. In this instance I had tried the technique and saved that paper in my stash, but didn't know how I did it or where to find the article. Thanks again!

Glad I was able to help! Actually, I usually just save links to newsletters that have tutorials that I like (and there are LOTS of them lol). I copy the links and sometimes the entire tutorial to a section of my OneNote that I created specifically for tutorials. I have tabbed sections for University Tutorials, NL Tutorials, Blog Tutorials and Other Sources. Each tutorial has its own title page - either the name of the tutorial or key words. Then it's real easy to just search my OneNote notebooks using keywords and the pages containing those words will come up in a list. From the list I can find the tutorial and link to the newsletter that I'm looking for.

Another way you could search for specific newsletters is to go to the Blog and type the key words into the Search this website box. In this case, type Dodge and Burn Tool into the Search box, the March 2012 Newsletter Archive comes up, click on it and the list of March Newsletters comes up and you'll see Using the Dodge and Burn Tool listed by Friday March 2.

If you want to search for a particular month's newsletter: from the Blog home page go to the Categories drop down, select Newsletter Archive and then click on the name of the month you are looking for. A list of the that month's newsletters will come up.

You are a whiz Teresa! I loved both the tutorials, especially the SG University one. Can't wait to try that on a layout! Thanks again!

Thanks Karen! Glad you like the ones I found :)

• 4 months later...

Archived