Selecting Multilple Layers While Cursor Is On Layout

I am working in PSE7 on a lengthy title and I've had to duplicate several alphas. As a result, my alphas are not all in a row in my layers. If I want to select some of them to link them together, is there a way to select the layer while I'm on the layout rather than hunt them down randomly in the layers? It seem tedious to try to find each letter over in the layers palette especially when they're not in order.

Was hoping for a keyboard shortcut or something where I can click on that alpha in the layout and it automatically selects it in the layers (and keeps it selected while I continue to select other alphas in the layout)

Thanks!

Hi Amy,

I'm not sure about PSE, but in Photoshop, if I hold the shift key down while I am selecting items in the layout, I can select multiple items. Hopefully someone that knows about PSE will be along to confirm that.

Amy, Monica is right - in PSE holding down the shift key highlights the layers of the selected items, then you would just need to link them. I don't know of a keyboard shortcut for this, but maybe someone else does...

• 1 month later...

Archived