Hue/saturation Layers

Pab

Patsy, are you trying to choose the color from your layout before or after you add the hue/saturation layer?

I have found that it only works for me if I choose the color with the color picker first, then add the hue/saturation layer. HTH

I have the color I want selected before, but then it disappears when I select hue/Sat. the colors turn to Gray and black. It lets me go through the motions of selecting a color but then the boxes stay Gray.

If it works the same way in PSE as in PS, you must click the "colorize" button toward the bottom of the hue/saturation box if you want it to reflect the hue that you chose earlier with the color picker. You still may need to adjust the saturation and lightness sliders, but the hue should be correct from you choosing the color with the color picker.

Cheri, has answered you well. The colours in the little boxes in the lower left always grey out when you add a hue/saturation but the little pop up screen should appear as Cheri mentions for you to click colorise and then adjust to your liking. You must also clip the hue/saturation to what you want colored or everything below that layer will be colored.

K thanks! I know about the clipping, but when I click colorize after having first chosen my color before I add hue/saturation layer, it does change slightly but it is still an ugly shade of grayish blah. Even after messing with sliders it doesn't ever show up true to the color I picked with the details of the flower still showing.

I have tried making it yellow, light pink, dk pink, the dk pink turned out okay but not what I want. I even tried clipping a piece of paper to it. But to get the details of the flower to show thru I have to about lose the prettiness of the paper... I turn down the opacity so details show and the paper is then to light or loses some of the details of the paper...

Archived