jengardner1

Newbie Here!

29 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I am new to digital scrapbooking and I have to say that I am getting hooked. I am a SAHM with twin 16 month old boys and I live in southern california (but a massachusetts native.) I want to thank Sue Maravelas at Scrapgirls for writing the recent newsletter article comparing GIMP to PSE6. I have been looking for a decent free program to get started with digital scrapbooking and GIMP has fit the bill. It helps that I am somewhat familiar with photoshop so I already understand how layers work and such but I have had such a great time using GIMP and a number of the scrapgirls products to create some really cute pages. I am sure that I will graduate to PSE at some point but right now GIMP is working great for me. Thank you and Scrapgirls for having so many cool and affordable products. See you around the forum!! - Jen

Welcome to Scrap Girls! I loved that article, too! GIMP is a great program to use. I hope you'll post some layouts of your twins! I'd love to see them!!

Welcome to Scrap Girls! It's nice to meet another Californian! We are a friendly bunch so if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask away. There is lots of willing help right here. :)

Hi Jen, so happy to have your here! I'm in Southern California too:) You are going to love it here. Hope to see your layouts of the twins in the gallery soon!

Hi Jen, welcome to Scrap Girls! We'll be looking forward to seeing you around the forums! :)

Hi, Jen! Welcome to Scrap Girls!

Hi, Jen -- welcome to Scrap Girls!!! I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery. :)

Welcome! You will love it here! So glad that Gimp is working for you. (My son is in college in SF.)

Hi and welcome. So glad Sue's article was of a help to you. Looking forward to gettingbtomknow you better and seeing your layouts in the gallery

Welcome to Scrap Girls!

Hi and welcome, Jen. We're glad you found your way to the message board. Hope to see you around often.

Hi Jen, welcome to Scrap Girls. I too am a Massachusetts native but am currently living in Canada. Looking forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery!

Welcome from a fellow GIMP user. Be sure to come back with any questions you might have. Meanwhile I look forward to seeing you around the forums and gallery.

Hi Jen, Welcome to Scrap Girls, I hope you'll post some layouts of your twins.

Hi Jen! I am so glad you are getting started on digital scrapboooking; it is a great way to preserve memories and you will have lots of them with your twins!

Welcome, Jen! This is a great place for products, encouragement and help.

Hi Jen and Dolly - Welcome to Scrap Girls. I'm glad you have found GIMP and it's working for you. It is a great free option to get going on. I hope you both have some great success playing around with it, and post your layouts in our gallery to see.

Hi Jen, great signature. Welcome to Scrap Giels. Glad to hear you are enjoying GIMP.

Welcome Dolly. If you have any question please ask, there are plenty of helpful Scrap Girls ready to assist.

Welcome to Scrap Girls. I remember when I found this place, it has added so much fun and many new friends to my life. Can't wait to see those twins.